PDA

View Full Version : Free Mix to Download by Me! (PV travel choons??)

The Simps
05-06-09, 06:08 AM
Its been a while since I posted my last mix and to be honest I'd lost a little interest/enthusiasm in my DJing but with a night out coming up on June 19th to see Stefan Bodzin at the Lightbox in London (what an ace club! check this out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOop2ByUJc&feature=related) to hear some filthy techno I started to listen to a bit of techno & tech house so £20 later I've downloaded some tunes and put together a mix!

I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did when mixing it. I apologise for all the skips (it really kills the flow in some places) but it shows how knackered my CDJs are and the miracle that it made it all the way to the last mix before it decided to skip mid mix (right before the big drop too! Was fine for the 30secs in the mix then bam! :mad:)

Lets see if I can get 100 downloads on this mix in the 1st week - came so close last time!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CK61UC80

:D

Tracklisting

Adam S - What's Occuring
Wolfgang Gartner - Yin
Steve Haines - Wipeout
Marc Benjamin - Nimsay
Carl Tricks Ft. Dan'thony - Alive
Fuzzy Hair - Yebele
Joey Seminara & Simon Gain - Far Away
Darwin Backwall - Bob-omb
Faithless feat. Cass Fox - Music Matters
Abramasi - The Way

Ernie
05-06-09, 07:25 AM
Done.
It aint to bad mate.

The Simps
05-06-09, 08:56 AM
Cheers.

Mazz
05-06-09, 09:29 AM
Downloading now..

The Simps
05-06-09, 09:56 AM
Tech House is definately best listened to and appreciated at high volume on a decent system. You really pic out the quirky sounds then and the funky basslines.

:D

16v Nova Kev
05-06-09, 10:23 AM
great stuff i fooking love the tune at 50mins in:thumb: :thumb:

rep:thumb:

The Simps
05-06-09, 12:51 PM
great stuff i fooking love the tune at 50mins in:thumb: :thumb:

rep:thumb:

That tune was always gonna be a winna! Music matters yeah? Its a Mark Knight remix of a Faithless track. The track before that is a bit mental too. Its got a lovely bass rumble on the build up.

Cheers for the rep.

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 02:35 PM
Downloading now mate :)

That club looks amazing!!!!!! Where is it? London?

The Simps
05-06-09, 02:55 PM
Its in Vauxhall I think.

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 03:03 PM
Listening to it now mate :)

Whats your top 10 tunes of now?

The Simps
05-06-09, 03:29 PM
Christ! Thats a Q and a half! A tune is only as good as the before and after it ;)

nova-saloon
05-06-09, 03:32 PM
downloading now mate

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 03:42 PM
Dude!! Track list needed!!! (track at 38mins???)

Im currently raving around listening to it :thumb: +rep if i can

The Simps
05-06-09, 03:57 PM
You'll love the track mate before the Faithless music matters one, as soon as I heard it I thought of you! lol

Will post track listing when I get home and have worked em out again! lol

Jay
05-06-09, 04:00 PM
Downloading now mate :)

novaguy08
05-06-09, 04:10 PM
On its way down for me too, lets see how it stands up agains prodigy & pendulum for me :D

16v Nova Kev
05-06-09, 04:13 PM
i down loaded it but i dunno where my puter stored it lol

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 04:23 PM
You'll love the track mate before the Faithless music matters one, as soon as I heard it I thought of you! lol

Will post track listing when I get home and have worked em out again! lol

:thumb: listening to it second time over, this is going in the car fo'sho

The Simps
05-06-09, 04:25 PM
Glad you like it dude! Its funny how these things come together. I've been trying to put an old vinyl set together for months but it just didn't feel right then this one went together in about 3 days! lol Most of the tracks only came out this week.

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 04:37 PM
Yer im in the same boat with a top 100 D&B mix but every time i record it and listen back it just doesn't feel right, need to change a couple of songs ideally but as its meant to be a countdown mix its kinda hard :(

Si, im liking this minimal/tech feel recently, but tbh im a noob at it, list me your top 10 tracks if you would sir or and artist to watch out for?

The Simps
05-06-09, 04:44 PM
I like getting tracks off Trackitdown.net. I just click on House then new releases hen play all in player and it will have everything from prog to fidget. Any I like the sond of I stick in the basket then review the basket to see what might fit where. No real pattern to it. Trackitdown does a lot with the label plasmapool that do a lot of electro stuff. Miles Dyson is normally pretty consistant.

The Simps
05-06-09, 04:47 PM
Si, im liking this minimal/tech feel recently,

I find the minimal stuff a bit boring tbh - love my basslines too much! lol

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 04:49 PM
Wicked cheers dude :thumb:

I tend to use DJDownload, Track It Down and BeatPort aswell as a couple of Blog spots << These are the way forward i tell thee!

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 04:50 PM
I find the minimal stuff a bit boring tbh - love my basslines too much! lol

If you've listened to my new mix (http://www.sendspace.com/file/bcoado) then you'll see how much im loving the basslines atm :D:D

The Simps
05-06-09, 05:08 PM
This week is the first time I've bought any tracks for ages tbh. Just felt in tech mood so listened to some tracks and thought I'd have a go at wanging em together! lol I think the construction of tech tunes suits my mixing style better with all the symbols and odd noises etc to play with on the eq cos I like to bring things in quite gently etc. Would like to learn other genres like jungle d&b etc.

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 05:10 PM
Yer i must admit you a much smoother DJ than me, undetectable mixing to the untrained ear lol

The Simps
05-06-09, 05:12 PM
Very kind of you to say so. I still need a lot more work on balancing my bass eq's tho.

FUSION X16XE
05-06-09, 05:17 PM
Ive only really started using the eqs properly over the past couple of months, before that it was all cross fader, dont use that anymore either except scratching.

The Simps
05-06-09, 05:47 PM
I started using the crossfader and switching bass eq's over then a DJ mate showed me to use the channel faders instead and working the eq's more.

If I had more time for it and wasn't into cars I'd probably take it a bit more seriously, I've been offered the chance to play when I want but I just don't want to commit myself to do it every weekend which is what he really wants plus I'm still friggin nervous playing infront of anyone other mates and anything other than my gear! lol

The Simps
05-06-09, 07:50 PM
Tracklisting added :D

Nova_Sean
05-06-09, 11:43 PM
If you've listened to my new mix (http://www.sendspace.com/file/bcoado) then you'll see how much im loving the basslines atm :D:D

L:oving this mix...+ rep yo

The Simps
06-06-09, 08:28 AM
Someone left some rep asking for more downloads -who was it? there's no name attached to the rep? lol

Jack
06-06-09, 09:04 AM
Good stuff :thumb:

Nova_Sean
06-06-09, 02:54 PM
Someone left some rep asking for more downloads -who was it? there's no name attached to the rep? lol

Sorry it was me! Thought u was a red fonter!

The Simps
08-06-09, 08:42 PM
bumpty!

wilson_sri
08-06-09, 11:48 PM
Downloading the now man. Nice to seee some tech house getting more popular, cant beat it definetly my faveourite sound. Techno and House is my main sound.
I would of agreed about minimal a few weeks ago, untill i went to see Danny Howells play a 4 hour set in Edinburgh. The first hour or so was really minimal. But in a club enviroment its totally mind blowing when you can hear every little bit.

The Simps
08-06-09, 11:56 PM
But in a club enviroment its totally mind blowing when you can hear every little bit.

thats what I like about tech is the little sounds like wash boards and all the symbols/high hats. I'm really looking forward to the Stefan Bodzin gig next friday - gonna be filthy!!

wilson_sri
08-06-09, 11:58 PM
Aye tech is amazing, really needs to be played loud to be able to appreciate it though!

Im heading down sout to Global Gathereing next month, tech galore. Im actually going to Jizz in my pants! :D

The Simps
09-06-09, 12:00 AM
Isn't all music best enjoyed loud?! lol

To get the volume I wanted in my car from this mix I had to dial down the bass as there's some proper deep basslines in there - awesome!

Jonezy
09-06-09, 12:03 AM
Downloaded it dude, Never really herd this style before lol but im loving it.. Nice one!

The Simps
09-06-09, 12:06 AM
Downloaded it dude, Never really herd this style before lol but im loving it.. Nice one!

Cheers bud.

Its not my usual stuff I must admit. I hope I got the generisation right? Anyone care to comment? Does Tech house/techno sound about right? I suppose you could argue the last track is a bit prog and the odd electro. Sod it - its HOUSE!! lol

wilson_sri
09-06-09, 06:49 PM
Definetly tech house. Has the techno sound to it, but still has the housey jump to keep you moving ;)

Just had a listen to it mate and i really like it. Nice selection of tunes, my sort of **** :D Shame about the skips though :(

The Simps
09-06-09, 08:06 PM
Definetly tech house. Has the techno sound to it, but still has the housey jump to keep you moving ;)

Just had a listen to it mate and i really like it. Nice selection of tunes, my sort of **** :D Shame about the skips though :(

Glad I got the gen right! :D

Skipping is gay, I'd love a set up like yours but can't justify the expense, would rather get the nova running.

The track layout is typical of all my mixes - builds to a peak by track 3 to come down again building up to main high then end on a couple of fluffy ones. lol

Nova_Sean
09-06-09, 09:03 PM
Found this gem http://rs579l33.rapidshare.com/files/242377657/4637472/bass_klephs_dirty_weekend_away_mix.mp3

The Simps
16-06-09, 02:40 PM
one last bump for those who may have missed it!