PDA

View Full Version : webber help needed!!!!

Euan
05-02-03, 08:50 PM
i plan to fit my webber 32/34mm 2morrow but have a couple of probs!

firstly where do the coolant hoses that are on the pierburg go i cant find a place for them on the webber.

also i dont have a choke switch in the car, do i need this in order for the carb to run at all.

last thing, could sum1 tell me all the connections that need to be made.

really sorry to be a pain but i need to get this done. think my pierburg is knackered !

jettasrfab
05-02-03, 08:53 PM
its all pretty simple i've never done it on a nova, but i think that you by pass the heater pipes by just putting them together? i think, it shoudl come with a choke cable unless its second hand, you need one to run the weber32/34 as it is manual choke you could just set it by fingers butt hat would be dim.

mrtim
06-02-03, 07:52 PM
Yep. Just remove one of the autochoke heater hoses from its T-piece on the water pipe and connect the other one to it.

Take the cable and pipes and all of the pierburg and then remove it. (Just three studs I think). Fit the adapter plate and then the carb.

You'l probably need a gasket as well.

You will need to run a choke cable into the car if you want to use the choke. The car will run without it tho so you shouldnt need it straight away.

Then just connect the fuel hoses and accelerator cable, and set it up.(i.e. set the mixture and idle speed.)

Ive probably missed somethin but you'll notice it s u go along.

Goo luck.

Euan
06-02-03, 09:14 PM
nice1, i've been told by sum1 else that i'll need to connect a fuel cut off solenoid to the webber thats on the pierburg (round black plug)

are they talkin crap?

Ste_Nova
07-02-03, 09:39 AM
crap!

for the choke cable use one off a 1.0/1.2

if you want to tidy up the hoses use the 2 heater hoses off a 1.2

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 11:10 AM
the choke cable from a 1.0 or 1.2 litre are best.

(the ones with a solid core) ive have always had trouble stopping cables from fraying like bike brakes.................

if u need ne more info try pm or mail me and ill c wot i can do as i took a 32 34 off a couple of weeks back with photos

cheers
mike

Euan
07-02-03, 03:54 PM
nice one, thanx for help!