PDA

View Full Version : and the Nicest/most insane man of the year award goes to....ME

Stuart
04-06-09, 06:17 PM
ohh mini epic from me

Was sat in traffic at a roundabout in Saint Evenage this morning. Car moved forwards without my explicit input whilst accompanied by a mild clonk noise.... hmmm prehaps the slave cylinder died and the clutch came up etc, nope engine still running. Key off, jump out, see no damage on the car behind, and look at mine. Meh a mild scratch/gash in the clam and a slightly moved grille under the numberplate, nothing else.
I turn to the car behind and the girl driving looks like shes about to burst into tears, shes everso apologetic and offers her details.

In a fleeting moment of pure niceness, I said"nahhh fcuk it, I cant be arsed a) having the car written off and b.) the grief of dealing with the whole process" She was confused and asked if I was sure. I explained that life is too short to spend pissing about chasing up things like a little bump.

This all happened in about 60 seconds. As we were ending the chat, some one in the next lane got a proper rear ending. I pointed out that see it could have been worse and I'd be after details then ;)

I feel quite good about the whole thing. The car is a bit of a sheddy state anyway so having the back end refreshed would only make me feel obliged to look after it and also the front end would look even worse by default.

Maybe I should have got her number as she was quite cute, but then Carly would have kicked my ass lol

Spudly
04-06-09, 06:21 PM
Oh what has your little one done to you stu she hasnt half softened you up, but in all fairness you probably just made her week for being so nice about it, is she probably shoite herself when she clobbered youlol

peester
04-06-09, 06:23 PM
this in the vx, yeh?

Jack
04-06-09, 06:24 PM
Telephone call for Mr Stu, its her insurance company. They want to know why you reversed into her lol

Stuart
04-06-09, 06:52 PM
this in the vx, yeh?

yep, the plastic fantastic

Ben
04-06-09, 06:55 PM
Nice to be nice once in a while so im told!

Stuart
04-06-09, 06:56 PM
Oh what has your little one done to you stu she hasnt half softened you up

indeedy, far more important/useful things I can be getting on with than to be chasing up a repair on the skip

Nice to be nice once in a while so im told!

try it, it feels weird but all warm and tingly inside...

Sloth
04-06-09, 06:58 PM
good man, have some rep for being nice.

Ben
04-06-09, 07:01 PM

Im sure it does but i like that cold slimey feeling coarsing through my veins!

mowgli
04-06-09, 09:02 PM
so, stu, you've managed to get a bird in the front & the rear.....that car really is a fanny magnet

dan16v
04-06-09, 09:12 PM
Nice one homo! Should have said 'flash me your rack, and we can pretend this never happened'!.

Lee
04-06-09, 09:27 PM
Just take it to a cobblers. They should be able to sort it :)

You can get a key cut at the same time too!

Stuart
04-06-09, 09:28 PM
Just take it to a cobblers. They should be able to sort it :)

You can get a key cut at the same time too!

good plan :thumb:

Mike
04-06-09, 10:09 PM

Think your getting confused with anal chap :p

Adam*D
04-06-09, 11:25 PM
I was in the same boat a couple of saturdays ago. Sat in the range rover and some nob in a tranny van went straight in the back of me! No visable damage so I thought just leave it, felt quite good that I'd let the bloke keep his no claims. Next day I rolled my nova :(
Note to self, if someone hits you from behind put a whiplash claim in as ya never know when ya might need a few quid! lol lol lol

Jim
05-06-09, 11:05 AM
I appreciate your kindness Stueh, but ask yourself this, would she have done the same if roles were reversed...probably not. Although, she may have asked for you to show her your rack, lol.

Stuart
05-06-09, 04:14 PM
I appreciate your kindness Stueh, but ask yourself this, would she have done the same if roles were reversed...probably not.

its really not worth the claim. plus it wouldnt cover my time on the phone/sorting out stuff, plus a shiney back end of a car would make the ****ty front end even ****tier etc.

If I had hit her, the VX would be a write off and her car would be fine lmao. Plus lets hope it passes some common sense onto her and others :D

I'd sooner pay less for insurance and not use it, than pay a shed load for it and use it lots.

General Lee
05-06-09, 04:25 PM
Sometimes time is more expensive than money mate, good thing you done there! we need more people in this country like you. then the world will undoubtedly be a better place! same happend to me only it was a roundabout and a motorbike, no damage so just said no worries.

dan16v
05-06-09, 08:00 PM
Although, she may have asked for you to show her your rack, lol.

Very true!lol

Nobby
05-06-09, 08:20 PM
fair play mate made me pmsl when reading the other crash story lol

Dod
05-06-09, 08:50 PM
GAY.

Not what you did, it was actually quite decent of you, but yeah, you're still Gay.

Stuart
05-06-09, 09:05 PM
GAY.

Not what you did, it was actually quite decent of you, but yeah, you're still Gay.

love you too sweetie

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:26 PM
stu! wtf!, i thought i was your only secret lover?!?!

napalm_27
05-06-09, 09:27 PM
i think he actually needs to like you before that happens joe lol

Stuart
05-06-09, 09:28 PM
stu! wtf!, i thought i was your only secret lover?!?!

so secret, I didnt know about it....

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:44 PM

after my vhat with RJ tonight mate, i think im liked a little more than you at the moment ;)

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:44 PM
so secret, I didnt know about it....

Stuey baby, no need for that, looool, you were saying different te other night PMSL

napalm_27
05-06-09, 09:46 PM
after my vhat with RJ tonight mate, i think im liked a little more than you at the moment ;)

wtf has RJ got to do with this lol

and unless stuart likes McLovin out of superbad you have no chance lol

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:49 PM
well,. does he like the theives from home alone? resemblence to you is outstanding!

Stuart
05-06-09, 09:50 PM
now now gays

napalm_27
05-06-09, 09:51 PM
haha sorry dont steal from peoples houses
got anythink new to come out with?
and you owe me a tenner anyway so shhh :thumb:

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:52 PM
lol sorry stu, il pi$$ him off on msn,

nice one for what you did tho mate, i know people who go mental for scratches!

any pics of the damage?

Jack
05-06-09, 09:53 PM
Don't bring me into this!

Novaboi_1991
05-06-09, 09:53 PM
and you owe me a tenner anyway so shhh :thumb:

Um, nope, those speakers were less than 6 months old and worked fine, as we agree'd youll get your tenner when you send me the stuff owed from 6 months ago!

Stuart
05-06-09, 09:55 PM
oi

Dod
05-06-09, 09:55 PM

He doesnt like me. He loves me!!