PDA

View Full Version : alloys

torquey
04-06-09, 11:21 AM
got my corsa written off and the insurance are going to value it only thing is i put sum 15" astra wheels on it and havnt told them. Would this affect my payout? :mad:

skyinsurance
04-06-09, 11:35 AM
Potentially this could cause you a major problem yes.

Tidy Max
04-06-09, 12:31 PM
but they are vaux wheels? could it not be said they are a standard item? and is there no way you can get your old wheels back on mate?

L14MNP
04-06-09, 12:33 PM
You shoulda hev told them, but just plead ignorance. They were on the car when you bought it etc. Unless you specifically ignored a tick box that said alloy wheels you should be fine I would think.

Novaboi_1991
04-06-09, 01:03 PM
being vaux wheels you could blagg it and say they were a standard item not a mod,?

Jack
04-06-09, 03:04 PM
Anything thats been changed since the car rolled out the factory (aside from pattern, service, or OEM replacement parts) could be considered a "modification", even if its a Vauxhall part - i.e. wheels from another model - and so should be declared.

I doubt they'd be too overly worried about it though, but as Ollie says the potential is there for them to void your insurance due to an undeclared modification.

being vaux wheels you could blagg it and say they were a standard item not a mod,?
Unfortunately ignorance is not an excuse, so that wouldn't hold water.

skyinsurance
04-06-09, 03:20 PM
Best case scenario: they dont notice (unlikely but you never know)

Middle case scenario: They notice and charge you the amount you would have had to pay if you had disclosed them in the first place

Worst case scenario: no pay out, void claim.

George g
04-06-09, 03:49 PM
if the car is at yours, cant you just place the car on bricks and hide them in the shed? just say your mate has them at the moment, but will be on the car if it goes? or quickly get some shoddy steeleys and put them on. even if you have to spend £20 on some part worns, surely its better than running the risk?

goldengraham
11-06-09, 05:38 PM
I'd just stick some crap steelies on it for now mate.

JordyzNova
11-06-09, 06:01 PM
put some steels on with wheel trims i did haha :D

stu-sting
11-06-09, 10:32 PM
put some steels on with wheel trims i did haha :D
i did same just without trims lol

Plug
15-06-09, 12:24 AM
shouldnt think it would be a problem you'll just have to wait and see

goldengraham
15-06-09, 03:31 PM
one of my friends had alloys on her fiesta she got, wasn't declared and wrote it off in a hedge, Doh! But the insurance company said they wasnt gonna pay out, think they did in the end but it not worth the risk to be honest