PDA

View Full Version : copied cds

supernova1983
05-02-03, 07:10 PM
? sum copied cds work in my car others wont is it coz i need a cd changer that plays cdrs etc or is it down to the quality of cd u record onto?

wisewood
05-02-03, 07:17 PM
It's probably all down to the dye they use on the CD-R - you may find silver ones work but coloured ones dont etc.

supernova1983
05-02-03, 07:18 PM
so any sugestion on best cd to use to copy onto?

wisewood
05-02-03, 07:21 PM
trial and error - find a cheap branded one that works and stick to it.

datasafe are usually compatible with pretty much everything.

Alex
05-02-03, 07:25 PM
make sure that the cd is written correctly as well. You have to close the cd, and make sure that it is an audio CD and not a media one with mp3s on it

supernova1983
05-02-03, 07:55 PM
yes cd was closed cheers for advice lads most grateful

MattyWoo
05-02-03, 08:06 PM
yeah dont use verbatim they suck!!!
also make sure you dont write a music cd at anything more than 8x because i find they go all jumpy n shit any quicker than that

Nova_Tek
08-02-03, 10:28 PM
Na copy speed dnt matter.

I've copied at 32x on CD R's and have bin wrkin fine.

I have used Verbatim, Sony, Acer, RW's and cheap ?1.59 for 10 CD's. They wrk fine, basicaly make sure da CD is compatible with audio and make sure that da CD is copied well and no underrun errors occur.

:D

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 09:50 PM
another thing to watch is after the cd is burnt, check underneath, if the laser has hat to come on and off a few times resulting in stripes, that can cause probs too.

nova dosed
09-02-03, 10:45 PM
right basically go for silver ones for car and dont write to the disk any faster than the disk can take.

U need to finalise the disk which u say u do and dont use the darker coloured ones as these are mint for gaming and films.

also dont put labels on them as the come off and destroy ur cd player i prefer mini disk me self but thats me

Nova-Boy
17-02-03, 02:59 PM
The speed you write them at can make a difference depending on how good your cd player is. I have found that some cds i have done work on my stereo but not on my portable. It depends on the quality of the lazer etc. Dont use "on the fly" as this can cause problems and try to keep the write speed down to a decent level. 8X is prob the safest but i would stretch futher than that but dont go silly and copy them at 52X. most cd players nowadays are prety good.

wisewood
17-02-03, 03:02 PM
The write speed shouldnt make any difference as long as you dont write to the disc at a faster speed than the disc is compatible to...

for example DO NOT buy 24x cdr and try to write at 40x... its not going to work!!!

Alex
17-02-03, 05:25 PM
well it does occasionally :lol:

whitey
17-02-03, 06:39 PM
DONT MATTER

Trust me here lads!

Got a 48X write Cd-Rw drive and I use Memorex discs from whsmith! 20 for ?5.99!!! BARGAIN since they include slimline cases!
used loadsa discs for yrs and the best are these and TDK's which are expensive!

Writing at 48X makes no difference to 2X unless of course burn proofing is activated then as said above, lines occur! (just dont write and use PC) Only takes 2 minutes to do a CD at 48X!

basically its all down to the actual disc more often than not being crap quality!

supernova1983
17-02-03, 07:31 PM
cheers whitey