PDA

View Full Version : crazy italian F1 driver trophy

mowgli
03-06-09, 11:18 PM
every year, an award is given annually by the Italian village of Brisighella, in memory of local driver Lorenzo Bandini, who was killed at the 1967 Monaco Grand Prix, to the most outstanding driver in that years f! championship.

the village puts on a festival.
this year, Sebastian Vettel won it.

here is youtube footage of Robert Kubica on the way collect his trophy last year. on a public road (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A9zbeC4_xM&feature=PlayList&p=92EB2A200F0719F3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19) !!!!!!! no road closures, just a couple of police outriders!!!!

Asa-James
03-06-09, 11:21 PM
thats awesome, they'd never do that over here, to much elf n safetee

blue_peg_16v
03-06-09, 11:46 PM
ohi proper job

General Baxter
04-06-09, 10:17 AM
thats awesome, they'd never do that over here, to much elf n safetee

im sorry but they have, iv told you, you lot should come to the atherstone classic car show lol

Asa-James
04-06-09, 10:38 AM
you never told me! and seeing a massey ferguson on the road doesnt compare to a F1 car...

George g
04-06-09, 10:44 AM
im sorry but they have, iv told you, you lot should come to the atherstone classic car show lol

ferrari got stopped wanting to film that advert for shell - the one with the racing ferrari's through the ages and through the city streets - and also williams when they wanted to drive an F1 car past 10 downing street.

the reason was that the cars did not comply with MOT regulations and had not paid road tax. they also added that the cars were too loud so speccys would need hearing protection...

considering this country supposedly mothered motorsport, we seem to shun it nowadays... just look at what happened to Gronholm on WRC wales 2002. in contention for the championship, bust a suspension strut/wheel in the stage, but got stopped and told he could not drive an inch further... yet loeb gets a convoy through greece with no back axle...:roll: :wtf:

gets right on my nerves! :mad: :roll:

General Lee
04-06-09, 10:45 AM
you never told me! and seeing a massey ferguson on the road doesnt compare to a F1 car...

lol lol lol
also police are chasing instead of leading

General Baxter
04-06-09, 12:32 PM
we have had a F1 car, GT40 (race prep) and a 1700bhp truck doing burn outs in the main sqaure

they have all driven into the cobbled roaded square on public roads lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tf-ZaMKEpc