PDA

View Full Version : Election Day Tomorrow

mowgli
03-06-09, 09:48 PM
OK, so its a chance for some people to vote for various things tomorrow.

Please, please, please, please vote tomorrow.

forget the cobblers about 'my vote won't make a difference'

theres nothing on the telly thats good enough for you to not spend 15 minutes deciding part of your future.

these politicians actually hate a good turnout because if its poor, they can rely on their activists to get them thru.

most euro MP's get voted in with a couple of thousand votes. each region only gets a couple of them, which means that all of the major decisions that truly affect our lives are made by people who are not voted in by the majority of people.

so please use your vote.

thankyou

Southie
03-06-09, 10:12 PM
Can you do this online yet as I'm in Devon on holiday and ain't driving for 6 hours to vote lol

MattBrown
03-06-09, 10:15 PM
Im only 17, but who do we reacon will win?

This ukip is huge around here, i may feel them winning!

Benn
03-06-09, 10:20 PM
As long as nothing right wing gets in i'll be happy ish.

General Baxter
03-06-09, 10:22 PM
i moan about labour but never voted, so this time im voting lol

Tidy Max
03-06-09, 10:22 PM
pff votings for homos and people with nothing to do, maybe if theres a power cut and all the paint in the house is dry... and i have no paint left to paint anything, then i might consider going voting....

thats a joke, i really don't think that lol but i do feel like i dont really know enough about each party to vote, as i don't think it would be fair to vote without really knowing what for, so thats why by default im going for the BNP, okay thats also a joke, they are the last party i would vote for,

anybody feel kind enough to share with us who they are voting for, but more importantly why? i understand if not, votings personal and all that carry on

Benn
03-06-09, 10:24 PM
Con or lib here(labour have screwed it up, so why not let the other two) what is david cam? Would do the old monster raving loonie party, but after screaming load such died they stoped running.

Stuart
03-06-09, 10:26 PM
I tend to add my own box saying NOTA and a big X next to it.... the more spoiled papers the better as it tells the wasters that I turned up, but didnt deem any of them worthy of my support.

Tidy Max
03-06-09, 10:29 PM
good one stuart, im a fan!

General Baxter
03-06-09, 10:29 PM
im making my own,

'does it matter, they will all screw us over'

Mike
03-06-09, 10:35 PM
Burgo for president!

General Baxter
03-06-09, 10:38 PM
lmao lol

wwmnw
03-06-09, 10:41 PM
BNP :thumb:

Lee
03-06-09, 10:42 PM
Totally agree Mowglers, but im not voting myself.

Ive been on the planet long enough to know that a government gets voted in promising greatness, and after a few years, it all falls to pieces and they end up just as useless / corrupt / broken etc.. as the lot they replaced. Labour got a break last time around because the tories still weren't fixed when it came to votage time again, so Labour got in mid meltdown, and now the country is properly fooked.

You can't blame labour for that. If the tories got in, it would have still happened, just further down the line probably.

Not saying its not worth voting, because it definately is. I just make sure I vote for someone I believe in, and I dont believe in any of the feckers at the moment, and i probably wont bother until I do.

The impossible wait continues.

Stuart
03-06-09, 10:45 PM
did you only really reply because you thought it said "erection day" in the title lol

General Baxter
03-06-09, 10:45 PM
did you only really reply because you thought it said "erection day" in the title lol

nuts lol
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stuart again.

mowgli
03-06-09, 10:46 PM
I am actually struggling to decide, but i won't vote UKIP, cos they want to go to the parliament in strasbourg but not actually do anything except stand up occasionally and say 'this place should be abolished'

the bnp would crap themselves if they suddenly had to make & manage policies, being a 'non' racist party is their biggest thing, so no vote...

there was a party called no2eu that had a party broadcast the other week, and the people seemed to have something to say, then on came a bloke called Dave Nellist.... he used to be a labour mp in Coventry & got thrown out back in the days when the labour party was still full of left wing loonies because he was too extremely left wing for them, he is basically an old school communist.

I am struggling to know...

are those pillocks who did the Yoga flying thing still about???? they reckoned by having 600 odd blokes in a room bouncing around in sole yoga position channelling positive energy, they'd solve everything

General Baxter
03-06-09, 10:47 PM
if someone gives me a hotdog at pv, i WILL vote burgo lol

Gashgusher
03-06-09, 10:48 PM
no no no no no **** the BNP

up the ****

no conny

dry

i egg'd their van when it came on my estate the other day. biggest bunch of ****in pricks goin.

spoil your ballot, at least uve turned up to show you have no confidence in any of the members put forward for election. People have fought and died so that any adult of sound mind and freedom can have their say in who governs us at local, national and now international level, and i will certainly NOT be giving up my right. in an age where we are free to do less and less, a free private ballot is your chance to be heard, however "small" you think your voice may be.

rant. over.

wwmnw
03-06-09, 10:54 PM
Totally agree Mowglers, but im not voting myself.

Ive been on the planet long enough to know that a government gets voted in promising greatness, and after a few years, it all falls to pieces and they end up just as useless / corrupt / broken etc.. as the lot they replaced. Labour got a break last time around because the tories still weren't fixed when it came to votage time again, so Labour got in mid meltdown, and now the country is properly fooked.

You can't blame labour for that. If the tories got in, it would have still happened, just further down the line probably.

Not saying its not worth voting, because it definately is. I just make sure I vote for someone I believe in, and I dont believe in any of the feckers at the moment, and i probably wont bother until I do.

The impossible wait continues.

<3 Rep for j00

I have never voted yet, You have to register before you can vote now anyway don't you? If so i aint registered so i aint voting but i would have had to choose BNP only because in my area that have made a good impression of themselves, But i have heard alot of bad things about their supporters, But its not their supporters i would be voting in.

Probably would only **** us over like any government, Only thinking of their back pockets but what have you got to lose?

MattBrown
03-06-09, 10:55 PM
Whats the point of voting?

There all lieing, thieving, initforthemselves arseholes, who cant seem to run the country right!

Sloth
03-06-09, 10:59 PM
in that case, get involved and stand for a seat yourself.

mowgli
03-06-09, 11:02 PM
/\/\ agreed

wwmnw
03-06-09, 11:05 PM
in that case, get involved and stand for a seat yourself.

<3<3 Reppageeeee

Southie
03-06-09, 11:08 PM
MattBrown for pm. 'Chant' MattBrown, MattBrown, MattBrown.

Welsh Dan
03-06-09, 11:44 PM
My bother in laws bother in law, is black and has downs syndrome. He chased a BNP rep around the town center until he have him a BNP leaflet. Win :D.

I'll be voting, but not for BNP.

mowgli
03-06-09, 11:49 PM
the bnp has their offices in hinckley...... oddly enough, they don't actually publicize just where it is......some company director has given them some space in his building.....

Hobbit
04-06-09, 02:56 PM
im making my own,

'does it matter, they will all screw us over'

This is why i never vote, but i do like Stuarts idea of going along and putting none of the above.

General Lee
04-06-09, 03:03 PM
yay, who shall we choose next to bugg** up the country! :wtf:

Jack
04-06-09, 03:17 PM
Whats the point of voting?

There all lieing, thieving, initforthemselves arseholes, who cant seem to run the country right!
By not voting, you're telling the government you're happy with the way things are. So you're happy with Labour in power then? Goodo.

I'll probably vote BNP or UKIP, something like that. They won't get in, they never do, but if they get even a small percentage of the votes its enough to put the sh!ts up whoever else is running in that particular constituency.

Unfortunately the spoiled-vote idea, whilst sounds good, doesn't really do much. I don't think they collect stats on spoiled votes, they just get gathered into the non-turnout stats, so you may as well save yourself the trip and sit at home.

jimbob-mcgrew
04-06-09, 03:41 PM
to voters / non voters / people who cant decide / people who dont care / people who dont like other people decisions :-

whoever's in power, doesnt change the fact that we still have to pay our taxes.

aint worth loosing sleep over. its their law, and if were not happy with it, they'll lock us up. so the only option is to take the buggering and get on with our lives.

Stuart
04-06-09, 09:02 PM
christian britain FTW lmao

tom_bish
05-06-09, 10:14 AM
BNP all the way.. this is England

Lee
05-06-09, 11:19 AM
By not voting, you're telling the government you're happy with the way things are. So you're happy with Labour in power then? Goodo.

Very true.

My problem is, there isnt anything out there thats better.

Remember when Labour got in? The tories were in just as much of a state as labour is in now. On came a young tony blair accompanied by a backing track 'things can only get better'. In the end, they only got worse.

If Cameron gets in, it will probably be exactly the same scenario, and in Ten years, they will fall to pieces again.

I would definately vote if I thought the tories would make a difference, but I dont see it tbh, and any of the smaller parties would completely hash it up if they got in but at the moment, so my vote, as far as im concerned, wont make a difference to me personally at all. So thats why Im not bothering.

I agree with those who say people fought for our democracy, but lets face it, its only dressed up to be a democracy nowadays.

Meh, bascically.

Jack
05-06-09, 11:57 AM
The thing with democracy is ANYONE can run. Ok, you may not be successful, but you can still try. The problem is people don't try. They're too content to sit at home watching Big Brother and bitch about the government and how they've made a mess of things, but never do anything about it and in most cases don't even bother to vote. How many women think of Emily Davison when they consider voting?

I voted for BNP in Europe not because I want them to get in (although it would be funny - any "cat amongst pigeons" gen? lol) but because my "extremist" vote says I'm dissastisfied with the mainstream parties. I did consider UKIP as I go along with a lot of what they say, but as has been said, why should I vote for someone who'll be paid ITRO £100k a year just to go to Europe, stand up and say "we don't want to be here" then fcuk off home lol

I still think democracy doesn't work, and never will - modern people are too lazy. Bring back good old communism and facism. Or fundamentalism, that works :D

What we need is another war in Europe with some good old fashioned communist interlopers. But not even the Chinese can be bothered to invade! Feckers.

mowgli
06-06-09, 02:10 PM
so, the tories have taken over the county councils.... I bet the unemployment figures are about to rise dramatically before the next election.... as all the ludicrous departments that were created under labour are axed......

scott.parker
06-06-09, 08:50 PM
Ive only ever voted once, it looked a good idea at the time, but never again have i as they are all just a load of scamming **** faces!
Even my dad wont vote no more, has not for 8 years.

mowgli
07-06-09, 09:31 AM
bnp beat labour in overall votes in Leicestershire.......
but labour got 4 seats & bnp only the one...

kennyman1989
07-06-09, 10:36 AM
heres an idea become a politician and then claim loads of money on car parts etc, will all be within the rules lol oh and after being there for a couble of months you get a big fat juicy pension for when your older so you could just leave.

Jack
08-06-09, 06:08 PM
I voted for BNP in Europe not because I want them to get in (although it would be funny - any "cat amongst pigeons" gen? lol) but because my "extremist" vote says I'm dissastisfied with the mainstream parties. I did consider UKIP as I go along with a lot of what they say, but as has been said, why should I vote for someone who'll be paid ITRO £100k a year just to go to Europe, stand up and say "we don't want to be here" then fcuk off home lol

The BNP gained a seat in Yorkshire and Humberside and in the north west of England, where party leader Nick Griffin was elected - the first time the anti-immigration party has won seats at national elections.
Health Secretary Andy Burnham said: "The BNP is like the ultimate protest vote. It is how to deliver the establishment a two-fingered salute. I think largely it is a comment on Westminster politics."

"The British National Party have played on people's fears ...and we'll have to work to tackle the fear that lead to people to vote BNP."

"We've got to make it very clear that we want to hear what those voters are saying."

"We should not dismiss the reasons why people have voted for the BNP - the anger, the frustration, the sense of alienation, the sense of powerlessness. We must listen to that and must react to that, that much is obvious."

Oh how I do love being right [smugface] :D