03-06-09, 05:17 PM
:p

General Baxter
dont you play with my pole lol

top one is YES lol

Spudly
Lol @ nazi edit, btw i voted yes so ner ner, any gen on Lee for pilot?

Southie
03-06-09, 05:20 PM
I say no. If it blew up it's going to cost a damn sight more than £20 lol

Edit: no change pmsl

Jack
TBH the gearbox is shonked and I'd like to get home. Plus I want it working for July. So its not going to happen, sorry.

blue_peg_16v
weres burgo option as per the rules lol

blue_peg_16v
03-06-09, 05:21 PM
TBH the gearbox is shonked and I'd like to get home. Plus I want it working for July. So its not going to happen, sorry.

ill bring a spare box lol

General Baxter
03-06-09, 05:21 PM
I say no. If it blew up it's going to cost a damn sight more than £20 lol

Edit: no change pmsl

nob off, its only a F20 gearbox, he can pick 2 up for that lol

edit, jack just pull away in 4th then lol

or fit a proper box lol

Jack
03-06-09, 05:23 PM
ill bring a spare box lol
Burgo's bringing a replacement for me :)

Southie
03-06-09, 05:26 PM
nob off, its only a F20 gearbox, he can pick 2 up for that lol

edit, jack just pull away in 4th then lol

or fit a proper box lol
Buy him the 2 gearboxs then lol he still won't do it though :p

Do it in reverse ftw lol

novait
03-06-09, 06:12 PM
do it jack do it...

MK999
03-06-09, 07:10 PM
Burgo's bringing a replacement for me :)

so whats the problem? Not like changing a gearbox is gonna phase 75% of the people on the stand...

Sloth
03-06-09, 07:14 PM
hell im game for helping change it on sunday. i reckon we have bets on what it runs....

Lee
03-06-09, 07:33 PM
lol @ on site box change. TBH i would suggest the only reason we do that is if the current box explodes on the drive up and he needs to get it home, but otherwise we want to put a new clutch in it at the same time, and ive got a few other odds and sods to do as well :) SO im going to do them in the comfort of my workshop, not in the middle of a field when im supposed to be relaxing and enjoying myself lol

MK999
03-06-09, 07:35 PM
Obviously it's not ideal, what I mean is it's not like he's gonna be stranded lol

Sloth
03-06-09, 07:36 PM
were on tarmac lee, and it would be good to show everyone we arnt just polish and trailer queens (no offence guys) like at the practical classics show where they rebuilt a triumph spitfire.. plus it would get us some tv coverage...

novaguy08
03-06-09, 07:43 PM
If ya need a piolt ill do it lol

Do it man take it up the strip, let them 6 cyliners fly!!

Lee
03-06-09, 07:45 PM
Err.....

Ummm.....

Errrrr....

NO!

novaguy08
03-06-09, 07:45 PM
lol

blue_peg_16v
03-06-09, 07:47 PM
sure the stand will reflect we aint all polish and trailer queens anyway

Lee
03-06-09, 07:48 PM
Who cares Rich, i didnt think we were out to proove anything? Its not a competition lol

Sloth
03-06-09, 07:48 PM
PWEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!

(does sad eyes..)

you know ya wanna lee...

Sloth
03-06-09, 07:50 PM
sorry i didnt mean that to sound bad. i just thought it may be good to show that we get stuck in. unlike some clubs that pay for everything.

Lee
03-06-09, 07:57 PM
Think about it.

Your worried about showing the world what a great club we are by doing a box change on the stand in the middle of a car show.

To everyone else, it will be comments like 'oh look, Novas are so shoddy, they even have to fix them during a car show!' lol

Jacks car will get a strip run, and a track run. But only when its ready, and if jack decides he wants to do it. Not before :)

Id rather everyone worried about showing the world that we are a responsible group of people and not a bunch of chavs on the day. If they want to think we are all mechanically incompetent, fair play to them lol

Sloth
03-06-09, 08:02 PM
ok fair do's. just a thought.

blue_peg_16v
03-06-09, 08:33 PM
Think about it.

Your worried about showing the world what a great club we are by doing a box change on the stand in the middle of a car show.

To everyone else, it will be comments like 'oh look, Novas are so shoddy, they even have to fix them during a car show!' lol

Jacks car will get a strip run, and a track run. But only when its ready, and if jack decides he wants to do it. Not before :)

Id rather everyone worried about showing the world that we are a responsible group of people and not a bunch of chavs on the day. If they want to think we are all mechanically incompetent, fair play to them lol

well said mate

dont want bad vibes getting back to the vboa

important year for the club this

John
03-06-09, 08:35 PM
well said mate

dont want bad vibes getting back to the vboa

important year for the club this

Agreed!

Adam
03-06-09, 08:42 PM
TBH every time i take my car down the strip i expect something to be broken by the end of the 1/4mile! lol lol

So i vote no. :p

Jack
03-06-09, 08:49 PM
Think about it.

Exactly.

Bottom line is I don't feel the gearbox is strong enough to survive a strip attack. Added to that, its a road car, so has shiznit inside which would slow it down anyway PLUS it has road tyres which would do nothing but leave massive elevens up the strip, resulting in less mileage for me to use the car or what it was built for - reducing the annual Celica mileage. On top of that, we've not even properly heat tested the engine, and I'm sure sitting in the strip queue plus the resulting rant up the track won't do it much good.

Its a road car first and foremost. It always has been, hence fitting the V6. If I want to race it, I'll decide when and where. Sorry if that disappoints some of you.

Id rather everyone worried about showing the world that we are a responsible group of people and not a bunch of chavs on the day.
Oh, and that bit too. I'm sure everyone would love to see me destroy a gearbox rather than look after a car I know has a weak spot.

Adam
03-06-09, 08:57 PM
Jack you 1/4mile noob, thats why you push it down the queue :p

(and then pray it starts back up just before your run lol lol )

Right decision not running imo, if your not fully confident.

Jack
03-06-09, 09:01 PM
Jack you 1/4mile noob, thats why you push it down the queue :p
I'm not pushing a nearly-full interior V6'd saloon down to the strip, especially in PodHeat lol

Nobby
03-06-09, 10:18 PM
dont be a pussy lol get a spare f20 and im sure we could russel up a quick rally style change if it blows!!

Southie
03-06-09, 10:31 PM
Is anyone else taking something else down to PV (say impreza or evo). If so line RJ up on the line next to it then all of a sudden the impreza/evo breaks down ( aawwwww) so now Jack decides to pull infront of said impreza/evo and help him do the 1/4 by towing them over the line, saving clutch & gearbox. PNG result lol

Mike
03-06-09, 10:32 PM
Some one bring me a spare box, ill bring some tools along & a ejecto seat an ill hunn it down the qauter.

Sloth
03-06-09, 10:47 PM
im willing to donate an f20 to the cause...

Jack
03-06-09, 11:39 PM
If you'd read post 30 you'd see its not JUST about the gearbox thankyou

MK999
03-06-09, 11:45 PM
Someone can donate some new tyres i'm sure (they'll even prlly be the right size :p) we'll all help splash it water to keep it cool, and go for a 10 man interior strip etc, and rebuild after it's done...

But to be fair you make fair enough points, I'd still do it if it was mine though lol