PDA

View Full Version : sri/gsi clocks

vauxboi
02-06-09, 04:28 PM
Alright guys just asking whether the sri or gsi clocks would go on my 1.2i as i only have the speedo, temperature and fuel guages and i know that the sri and gsi has all that and a rev counter. Will it just bolt on and all the guages work so like when i rev the engine the rev needle moves aswell. Cheers

jimbob-mcgrew
02-06-09, 05:52 PM
even tho some of them look the same, only mk.1 clocks will physically fit in mk.1 dashes, and same for mk.2, only mk.2 clocks. so sr/gte clocks for mk.1's and sri/gsi clocks for mk.2's.
as far as the rear connector goes, im not sure if they switch straight over, some say they do ? but to be safe if u can aquire the original rear connector with the clocks, its a fairly simple procedure to join the wires up one by one so the dials work properly. the oil pressure guage youll probably have to add in a wire going from rear connector to sender (and youll need a pressure sender by the way also, most 1.2's just run a switch, rather than a sender)
and the other change - the rev gauge runs off a green wire from the coil, if your lucky yours will have this wire in the loom allready, so will just need joining to the green wire on the new rear connector.

hope i havent left anything out, and most importantly not chatting bollox

AlexW
02-06-09, 07:00 PM
Sorry but taf most of that is irevelt lol

Its a straight swap, rev gauge will work as its a SPI. Nothing to connect.

If you want the oil gauge to work your have to get a sender off somthing like a GSI/GTE. Wire will already be there taped up somwhere.

vauxboi
02-06-09, 08:43 PM
so if i can get hold of a set of sri/gsi clocks they will go straight in the only thing that wont work is the oil gauge i will have to get the sender off a gsi/gte set of clocks is that correct.

AlexW
02-06-09, 08:52 PM
Yep!

vauxboi
02-06-09, 09:13 PM
so is there any difference in look between the sri/gsi clocks.

JordyzNova
02-06-09, 10:01 PM
Go For Sri As I Found Out !

vauxboi
02-06-09, 10:14 PM
Why what happened.

JordyzNova
03-06-09, 07:47 AM
they all have a common fault of the resistors in the accutly pod its self
in gsi clocks if you put them in your car with standerd clocks ,the fuel gauge will read over maxium so you dont know how much fuel is in ...... i had this problem i got told to go for the sri beacuse they work ? .... i am not 100% beacuse have not tried.

AlexW
03-06-09, 11:23 AM
Thats half true, but its usualy a bugged gauge, not just the fact of GSI/SRI/SR