PDA

View Full Version : putting mesh on a grill

shanehandley
04-02-03, 10:45 PM
whats the best mesh to use and how hard is it to do?how do you get the grill off etc thanks for your help.

cheers

shane

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:48 PM
is ur nova a mk1 or mk2?

theres a meshing guide on nova-land.com exterior how to section

id goto b and q and get a HUGE sheet cheap as chips

James B
05-02-03, 10:12 AM
u get the grill off by pushing down four little clips long the top, you will see them, there are two little clips also beneath the headlamps, these should just prise off. cut out the black slats from your grill, but you MUST LEAVE the black surround on the edge, as this is what you will use to secure your mesh to. i then used cable ties, ties the mesh on then trimmed the excess away. cannot notice them now unless you really stick your head down and have a good old nose around. whack the grill back on and jobs a goodun, took me all of 20mins

Ben (lurk75)
05-02-03, 02:50 PM
I normally buy it from a builders merchant (or off me next door neighbour who is a plasterer!)

Tazzy
06-02-03, 01:18 AM
as mike says, go to B&Q and buy a piece really cheap, i made the mistake of going to MPC is wallsall (excelent store) but i bought a metre square for a tenner! and the mesh is still sitting in my shed unused!

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 11:19 AM
stuff from builders merchants also is galvvanised so should prevent it from rust or discolorantion for a good few months