PDA

View Full Version : gte tuning

jettasrfab
04-02-03, 10:14 PM
what mods can be done to a nova gte 1.6 multipoint injection? help?

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:25 PM
in total vauxhall a month back i think there was a very good article on air filters, some giving amazing results which suprised me

apart from that

the obvious really

cam and 40s.............?

what else is there

in the article part on novaload there is a tuning guide in there for a 1.6 engine and 40s, take a look

jettasrfab
04-02-03, 10:45 PM
he doesn't want 40's a guy turned him against it today

Fester
05-02-03, 01:34 AM
right ive formatted my computer about 6 times since I last had this document...

someone must still have the 1600 tuning document? dan, wardy, micky, cp, mc? the final draught was the one with dans orange GTE watermarked in the background I think, someone MUST still have it knocking about!

N/A the 40s came out best m8, I dont know of any examples with a full throttles setup. Forced inductions looking as well...

see
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69145

and
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67450

MC
05-02-03, 08:59 AM
So, why was he turned against them?

Most people that advise against Carbs, either have never had them, or had them and didn't have them setup properly. I used my car as a day to day motor. It wasn't too juicy, was very fast, reliable and easy to drive. It NEVER went out of tune either. Thats a myth, and nothing loctite can't prevent.

MC

jettasrfab
05-02-03, 08:49 PM
can any one outline some of the simple but gaining mods? like cam so on and so on, not engine rebuildingly stupid mods like 4ltr monstertruck v24's in to the rear of a nova 1.2i? simple! not hard silly mods.????????????? please? oh and atleatst a couple of fast horsie gains?

locky
05-02-03, 09:51 PM
Well, an air filter is a start i spose, total vaux mag sed that the pipercross gave somthing like 10.5 extra bhp, i think its a bit far fetched, but its a start!, erm, a 4 branch-2branch-1branch zorst system iv heard is the best,
oor you could look at Dans gte in the features, i aint got a link tho sorry but hez done alot of work to the gte engine!

hutton
05-02-03, 10:50 PM
try the pipercross viper induction kit, its 250 quid a pop but maxpower said they saw something like a 12bhp gain on there mazda 323, then go for a full exhaust system including manifold which should give u 4-6 bhp, theres a simple 15bhp bolted on to the nova but will prob set u back about 650 quid

TomSR
06-02-03, 01:32 AM
Thats a bloody big increase :lol:

Whats the difference between the Viper and the normal induction kit then?