PDA

View Full Version : Had a play in a new Z4 & an M5 :D

Novasport
01-06-09, 11:15 PM
Bought home a new Z4 3.0 twin turbo thing tonight, tis a bit of a monster and sounds fookin awesome. Spent all evening blasting round B roads in it and finding as many tunnels as I could find and driving through at full chat to listen to the burble.
Oh what a child I am lol
Great toy, bit skittish tho.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/NovaSport/IMAGE_073_1.jpg

Also had to take a new M5 out on roadtest the other week as it kept developing a misfire at 8,000rpm:tard: .
OMFG, what a tool! Never used so much fuel in such a short space of time. Best £20 of somebody elses money I have ever spent :D .
I was instructed by the owner to 'drive it as it should be' to make sure the fault had gone or he did not want it back. So I can thrash it then? 'If thats what you call it then yes'
One of the quickest things I have driven. Popped the M button on and ramped up the gearchange, felt like I was being whacked in the back of the head when it changed gear! Still had the DSC light flashing at 60+mph, the accelleration is awesome.

Saloony
01-06-09, 11:22 PM
Lucky git. Just had the Old Z4 in the other day, 1st Mot, how does it favour to the new one? As i was, well not overly impressed by it, taken me 3years to take to the looks of it, and again it was skitish, but cruise about with the roof down changed the story of it.

Novasport
01-06-09, 11:25 PM
Old one is a bit of a hairdressers car in comparison, not a patch on the new one.

andy_017
02-06-09, 12:52 PM
I drove the new z4 the other week and wasn't really that impressed to be honest, I'll agree that it sounds nice but that's about it really,the interior is garbage as there isn't an m sport package available for the car!

Dod
02-06-09, 02:34 PM
The M5 is the only car I've liked in every Model/Generation and definately the first car I'd buy if I won the Lotto. I've got an E39 523i at the minute and its still so much car it makes you wonder how great an M version would be.

GRUNT 16V
02-06-09, 03:04 PM
Naughty Naughty Drive It As It Should Be Tell That To Mr Pc Plod !! We Had Customers Coming In Saying They Had A Problem At About 80mph And We Told Them We Were Not Allowed To Do As It Exceeded The National Speed Limit Then They Gave Us A Dumb Sort Of Look To Which We Smiled!!!!!lol lol T055ERS

wwmnw
02-06-09, 03:12 PM
Naughty Naughty Drive It As It Should Be Tell That To Mr Pc Plod !! We Had Customers Coming In Saying They Had A Problem At About 80mph And We Told Them We Were Not Allowed To Do As It Exceeded The National Speed Limit Then They Gave Us A Dumb Sort Of Look To Which We Smiled!!!!!lol lol T055ERS

Do You Have An Addiction To The Caps Lock Button?

The size of the Z4's bonnet puts me off (not that i could afford one anyway) but they are hooge, But a 3.0 twin turbo power plant i can only imagine teh POWAH.

Jack
02-06-09, 04:24 PM
Straight 6 aren't they? Hence the noise and mahoosive front end :cool:

andy_017
02-06-09, 06:48 PM
The power is quite high but because the car is so refined i dont think it would feel as fast as people imagine it would, amazing sound though :thumb:

RJM25R
02-06-09, 07:54 PM
The power is quite high but because the car is so refined i dont think it would feel as fast as people imagine it would, amazing sound though :thumb:

All BM drivers are ****ers anyway, eh Andy? !

Dod
02-06-09, 08:48 PM

Er, no. They're 5.0 V10 of that Beautiful Viscous Fan sounding BMW master piece.

I drive a BMW and I'm not a ****er.

Jack
02-06-09, 10:17 PM
Dod, I meant the Z4.

Dod
02-06-09, 10:27 PM
Oh sorry. I'd look it up, but I dont like Hairdresser cars. lol

Novasport
02-06-09, 10:36 PM

Must make me a to55er then eh:roll:. I have noticed the caliber of Impreza drivers lately, seems to be a bit of a Chav car now eh lol

Novasport
02-06-09, 10:38 PM

Yes a straight six, the long nose is more down to the 50:50 weight distribution.

dj_wudgey
03-06-09, 10:59 AM
yea thats the best bit about being a mechanic for me all the stuff you get to drive lol

RJM25R
03-06-09, 05:39 PM
I should have said NEW bmw drivres, cos you guys have all got old ****ters!

I did really mean newM5/Newz4 type customers are wnkers

Novasport
03-06-09, 09:30 PM
I should have said NEW bmw drivres, cos you guys have all got old ****ters!

I did really mean newM5/Newz4 type customers are wnkers

I drive a brand new 123d M Sport :wtf:

Keep digging fella:roll:

RJM25R
07-06-09, 05:39 PM
I drive a brand new 123d M Sport :wtf:

Keep digging fella:roll:

Did you really buy one of those brand new? lol

Now that is a sh1tter! Do you have cateracts as well? They're not an attractive car are they?

Although, having driven one, the steering is beautifully weighted and precise. Can't stand the driving position and the non-room in the back though

Novasport
07-06-09, 09:10 PM
Did you really buy one of those brand new? lol

Now that is a sh1tter! Do you have cateracts as well? They're not an attractive car are they?

Although, having driven one, the steering is beautifully weighted and precise. Can't stand the driving position and the non-room in the back though

No I have not bought one, its my company car. Unfortunately I have to take delivery of a brand new BMW every few months, such a hardship!
I dont think its a ****ter, it may not be the prettyest car but it is one of the best handling small hatches with the best diesel engine around. 204 bhp, masses of torque(Same amount of torque as the new V8 powered M3 at only 2,000 rpm!!!) and 42mpg around town. Oooh yeah, thats a ****ter:wtf:
Stick to your Chav chariot, actually drove an Unimprezzive a couple of years ago and although it was kinda fun it was the biggest pile of sh!t I have had the displeasure of driving. Couldnt even take being thrashed, took it back with the engine light on!.

RJM25R
08-06-09, 07:49 PM
No I have not bought one, its my company car. Unfortunately I have to take delivery of a brand new BMW every few months, such a hardship!
I dont think its a ****ter, it may not be the prettyest car but it is one of the best handling small hatches with the best diesel engine around. 204 bhp, masses of torque(Same amount of torque as the new V8 powered M3 at only 2,000 rpm!!!) and 42mpg around town. Oooh yeah, thats a ****ter:wtf:
Stick to your Chav chariot, actually drove an Unimprezzive a couple of years ago and although it was kinda fun it was the biggest pile of sh!t I have had the displeasure of driving. Couldnt even take being thrashed, took it back with the engine light on!.

OK ok ok. Put the toys back in the pram.

Obviously, all the rally drivers/time attack drivers/roger clark motorsport should shelve the Impreza's as you say they drive crap. Perhaps the late Colin Mcrae and Richard Burns would've done better if they'd driven a 1 series diesel!

The "All bm drivers" was tongue in cheek, because Andy works at BMW (With my wife, until she left in March) so it was a joke for him really. I'm sorry if I upset you with that one. I then stated that "you all drive sh1tters" which was clearly tongue in cheek becaus I don't really know, do I?

Then I commented:

"I did really mean newM5/Newz4 type customers are wnkers" because THEY USUALLY ARE and I'm pretty certain that there ain't anybody on here who has either of those cars to be fair?

Also, My impreza is only my weekend abuse car. Less than 3000 miles a year. I have a brand new Eos 2.0 Turbo DSG as my company car. If I keep it 6 months I'll be gutted, I like a new company car every 3,000 miles if possible!

Come on though, you're really making me smile with the Impreza Chav comment! On a Nova site? From a Nova owner? Astra owner (Or ex-astra)?

Thats like Gary Glitter calling Michael Jackson a pervert!

Novasport
08-06-09, 08:19 PM
Woah, bit, hooked and reeled in here...

http://georgian.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/c/cincobayou/554.jpg

lol lol lol lol lol

Dod
08-06-09, 09:06 PM
Know what, I'd have a BMW over a Subaru any day of the week.

RJM25R
09-06-09, 08:23 AM
Know what, I'd have a BMW over a Subaru any day of the week.

Good for you.