PDA

View Full Version : My New Car!

Cooch
04-02-03, 09:19 PM
can u plz give me some tips on how to make a H plate 1.4SR look good without making the insurance 2 high it is my first car so stuff that makes it look godd already have plans to lower it, induction kit and painted calipers. Any suggestions people they wud be helpful!

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:42 PM
things like vents etc etc ok they cost money to do, but wont affect your insurance (NORMALLY)

only things like lowering and stuff that changes the mechanics of the car

so money saved on insurance premiums can be spent more on other mods.

louvered bonnet and a bad boy or scoop would be a start, again, no rise in insurance

Wiggie
05-02-03, 08:30 PM
Thats still classed as a "modification" isnt it?? if im wrong...does that mean i can change the looks of my car and as long as i dont add any power mods my insurance wont chnage? :twisted:

Mr Dan
05-02-03, 11:17 PM
Best to just check with your insurance company. Changing the appearance can make the car more desirable and therefore in their eyes, more nickable. :|

djp_y2k
06-02-03, 12:17 PM
Any modification will put ur insurance up, from adding a scoop to changing the suspension.

As it makes it more appealing to theives, the better it looks.

The sensible insurance companies that know there stuff wont sting u and some may not put it up for small mods.

Check with them b4 you change anything though, just in case.

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 12:15 PM
Any modification will put ur insurance up, from adding a scoop to changing the suspension.

As it makes it more appealing to theives, the better it looks.

The sensible insurance companies that know there stuff wont sting u and some may not put it up for small mods.

Check with them b4 you change anything though, just in case.

yeah i didnt mean it was free modificvation, but you can get more mods for your insurance money ;) if that makes sense

Chris LR
07-02-03, 12:24 PM
Keep it Standard.

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 07:06 PM
Keep it Standard.

Keep it Standardly Subtle - but modded :D

Anton
07-02-03, 07:31 PM
subtle is always best in my opinion

burgessovsalford
11-02-03, 02:44 PM
I cant see little things like spraying ur calipers doing anything to your insurance as they prob wont even notice.

Some mod's u will be surprised that it dont cost alot more on ur insurance. My mate on his clio, declared he had everything on his car. full kit, alloys, K&N, lowered, etc... an paid about ?200 more.

If u wanna mod ur car, just ring ur insurance an tell them that ur looking to mod ur car, is this going to effect my insurance cost, if so how much. then rekon out to see if it wil be worth it for u.

Cooch
07-03-03, 08:24 PM
:lol: finally i have my car its a blue H reg nova 1.4 SR and it looks great the lowering springs r goin on this weekend and the calipers will get sprayed aswell and hopefully it will be on here soon keep the great suggestions coming this car is being built on them thanx :roll:

Ian
07-03-03, 08:36 PM
remove the vinyl from the sides

novaexplod
07-03-03, 08:40 PM
can u take the vinyl off? does it not leave holes behind?

mikeoxford
07-03-03, 11:46 PM
the only place there may be holes is behind the "bump strips" at the top of the vinyl..............depends on the age and style of the car

whitey
08-03-03, 03:10 AM
Putting pedal extensions can affect your insurance!!!! YES i know WTF!

Coz you are more likely to be clumsy footed and therefore crash!