PDA

View Full Version : zx wiper unit, blowing fuses?

shaneyboi35
01-06-09, 07:52 PM
evening all, i brought a zx wiper unit of ernie a while back and have finally wired it all up, i had it all going today and everything was hunky dorey ( parked right, slow, fast worked with washers etc)
so i took out the washer bottle to clean it out as it had growth and god knows what else in it.
cleaned it all up re fitted it and then the wipers wouldnt work so i checked everything over and realised it had to be the fuse, and it was , the fuse was blown, so i changed te fuse and started her up again, and still no wiper, i checked the fuse again , and yet again a blown fuse, so i tried one more time 3rd time lucky, and the fuse blew once more
so i dont know what could be causing the fuses to blow, when it was working earlier i had a 30 amp fuse and have replaced the blown fuses with 30 amp fuses.
can somebody tell me whats wrong
cheers

Spudly
01-06-09, 08:14 PM
If you have followed the guide to install it the you shouldve extended your wiring to the motor, check where you have added the extra wire and see it is earthing/joining feeds as this would cause a fuse to blow right away so check your wiring and all earths and suchlike involved:thumb:

shaneyboi35
01-06-09, 08:18 PM
If you have followed the guide to install it the you shouldve extended your wiring to the motor, check where you have added the extra wire and see it is earthing/joining feeds as this would cause a fuse to blow right away so check your wiring and all earths and suchlike involved:thumb:

have done mate i used some 8v amp wire using spade connectors rather than soldering it, it was all working fine untill i took the washer bottle out?

shaneyboi35
01-06-09, 08:19 PM
appoligies 8 amp

shaneyboi35
01-06-09, 11:53 PM
anyone?

Ernie
01-06-09, 11:58 PM
never had this happen before on mine.
Soilder is a much better job and just make sure to heat sheild each cable.

shaneyboi35
02-06-09, 06:31 PM
out of interest ernie did you change the fuse atall or just leave the 30 in there?

Rich
02-06-09, 06:46 PM
It should use the same nova motor so the fues should have been fine, is it blowing when you work your washers or just the wiper?

shaneyboi35
02-06-09, 08:44 PM
problem solved
school boy error where i used spade connections and forgot to insulate them they were touching and it was short circuiting
thanks for the help though, its all working now :)