PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 and 1.4 exhaust prices

jimbob-mcgrew
31-05-09, 08:32 PM
im in a bit of a dilema. i tried upgrading my exhaust to a 4 branch manifold as well as getting rid of the centre silencer, and its propper slapped together with welds and clamps and cable ties, basically its gone monumentaly wrong and sounds and goes fkin horrible.

the old exhaust is wrecked prety much, so i cant just switch back unfortunatly, but i do still have the 1.2 manifold which is a start. luckily a friend of mine has another manifold from a 1.4 sr which has the twin downpipe setup and slightly larger bore.

so to switch back i'll be needing the complete exhaust from downpipe back. what im wondering... is the 1.4 twin downpipe setup going to cost much more than a 1.2 as if the difference is minimal, might aswell go for a 1.4 exhaust as it'll be better.

gotta leave for work tommora morn at 5am, gonna wake the entire street up no doubt.
serves me right for messing with it in the first place.

AlexW
31-05-09, 09:19 PM
1.4 stuff isnt bigger bore iirc.

the 1.4 centre will be about the same price as the 1.2 downpipe so.

I got mine for about £20 iirc. I didnt pay so lol

jimbob-mcgrew
31-05-09, 09:30 PM
just had a thought it might not actually be a 1.4 manifold, could be from a 1.6 - hmmmm. i think ill stick with the 1.2 for hassles sake, or im gonna get myself into a pickle, come fitting time.

AlexW
01-06-09, 01:20 AM
1.3, 1.4 is the same, 1.6 is very similar iirc, cant remember what is different though?

CoolTiger
01-06-09, 01:43 AM
i just bought 1.2 middle box only cost 20£ inc vat