PDA

View Full Version : X16xe ecu probs

gtachorley
31-05-09, 12:13 PM
Hi lads,

Right finally got my baby xe ready to start, it wouldnt start and I worked out Ecu wasnt turning on, I have now fixed this (loose earths) and ecu turns on, now however will still not start and the ECU warning light flashes constantly which indicates the immobliser not being recognised now I cannot find any faults with the way its wired up is just as in all the diagrams I have seen and has chip attatched (is original ecu, key chip and transponder). Checked the plugs and they are clean as a whistle i.e injectors not working anyone any ideas what I am missing???

AlexW
31-05-09, 01:58 PM
So, if you turn the ign on and very quickly start the car it runs for about 5secs?

Check the wiring on it, and also might be worth removing the chip from inside the key and taping it to the ring.

I had this problem for weeks and it was the ecu lol

PS: sort your virus!

gtachorley
01-06-09, 02:14 AM
I got the engine ecu and chip/transponder off the Tigra a mate had, seen it start and drive on the setup and took it out ourselves, the ecu warning light flashes continually indicating problem with immobilser and spark plugs are clean ie no fuel even though pressure is there so ecu must be not letting it start. Cant work out whats not right with this immobliser!!

AlexW
01-06-09, 02:17 AM
Get on msn, easyer to explain :p PS, leave the virus in bed

Adam
01-06-09, 07:13 AM
Tenner says the immobiliser isnt wired up right.....

How have you wired it up?

gtachorley
01-06-09, 11:19 AM
Thats now sorted the immobliser is recognised and car will start :) :)

Never that simple though now it will start and will run on throttle but minute my foot comes off the pedal it dies :( :( :(

Any Ideas??

AlexW
01-06-09, 11:37 AM
Map sensor connected without any kinks in the pipe?

gtachorley
01-06-09, 11:38 AM
Yeah

Its proper doing my head in now.

AlexW
01-06-09, 11:40 AM
whats it idle'ing at? and does the ecu light come on once started?

gtachorley
01-06-09, 11:47 AM
Ecu light comes on straight away (but I have a manzel style powerbox and have removed and blanked all egr so I expected this) it doesnt idle can only be started if being reved will not idle just cuts out.

AlexW
01-06-09, 11:52 AM
Hang on, The EGR should be blanked, but the acual EGR still plugged in, otherwise the car thinks its got a problem.

So your saying if you snap the throttle open it dies? presuming that you have to rev it to keep it running?

Check that the ICV and TPS are plugged in proplery, same goes with everything tbh lol

gtachorley
01-06-09, 11:54 AM
Should still run though even with the egr removed ecu light just stays on, gonna check all the plugs then go to work, day off tomorrow and its already planned out for me by this bloody engine. lol

AlexW
01-06-09, 11:57 AM
Yer, but the EML will be on due to that too, you could flash the codes out, just earth out the yellow/brown.

And yer, could be plugs, cant remember what caused it on mine, i think it was map sensor :s

Oh and welcome to the life of baby xe's