PDA

View Full Version : incredible car crash

mowgli
30-05-09, 10:37 PM
last monday evening, my 17 year old nephew was driving his 3 mates home from a game/country fair in his x reg landrover 90.

when going down a B road at well below 60, he hit a big pot hole, it lurched across the road, he tried to correct it & it barrel rolled at least 6 times.

the roof came off, & all four occupants were thrown out onto the tarmac. my nephew landed 90m from one of the other lads.

now for the stunning bit.

they all survived.
my nephew had quite severe bruising, mostly from landing on the roof & having a subwoofer box land on his head
mate1 had a torn liver
mate2 had a dislocated shoulder
mate3 had a gash on his forehead.

none of them were wearing seatbelts & the police said that it saved their lives.
an independant witness told the police that they were going at a 'safe speed'
the police will not be following it up.

personally i think it is the luckiest escape I've ever heard of.

auzzy2000
30-05-09, 10:41 PM
glad all ok.but is there any pics we all want to see.or it never happened!!

stupot89
30-05-09, 10:41 PM
funk me at least they are all resnobly ok and survived ive seen a 90 thats been barrel rolled and they are not that stong

Steve
30-05-09, 10:42 PM
Thats pretty amazing!

General Baxter
30-05-09, 10:44 PM
them 90's are shocking, i was in my mates doing 70 down the A5 and the roof was bending in due to the wind and speed,

mowgli
30-05-09, 11:11 PM

they cordoned off the scene of the crash cos the rozzers really didn't believe that the 4 occupants were all alive & wanted to keep it for the forensics.... then the insurance took it away.

there was a photo in the market harborough edition of the leicester mercury paper, but the locals then cut it into squares & put it in the privy, so I couldn't get a copy.

my brother saw the wreckage & won't speak about it.

mowgli
30-05-09, 11:13 PM
them 90's are shocking, i was in my mates doing 70 down the A5 and the roof was bending in due to the wind and speed,

we tried really hard to talk him out of buying it, we spent weeks trying to explain that a shogun was far superior in every way, but he was smitten with a landy... now he wants a shogun.

General Baxter
30-05-09, 11:14 PM
now he wants a shogun.

good lad, airbags and a car made of steel FTW, not one made out of alloy you can cut with snips lol

mowgli
30-05-09, 11:21 PM
good lad, airbags and a car made of steel FTW, not one made out of alloy you can cut with snips lol

built by car workers, not by brummies

FB_evolutions
31-05-09, 12:16 AM

smooth ya tool! guys on about family and friends and best thing u say is pics or we dnt beleave you! real SMOOOOOOOOOOTH

james_the_twin
31-05-09, 08:43 AM
Thats it, im never wearing a seatbelt again.

novaguy08
31-05-09, 10:36 AM
dude, not wearing a seatbelt saved their lives???!!! flocking eck!

Lucky fellas!!

Dod
31-05-09, 10:42 AM
Thats it, im never wearing a seatbelt again.

Dont be a tool. My mate wound up paralised from the waste down for not wearing his seatbelt.

Mowgli, fair play to your nephew, and a speedy recovery to him and his mates.

mowgli
31-05-09, 11:18 AM
Mowgli, fair play to your nephew, and a speedy recovery to him and his mates.

apart from the lad with the torn liver the others were home the next morning, after a couple of days rest, they were fine. the other one comes out tomorrow...my nephew is taking him some bacon & onions, cos they are good with liver

novaguy08
31-05-09, 12:28 PM
oh bad taste!! lol

mowgli
31-05-09, 01:01 PM
i don't know if you've ever been badly hurt & hospitalised, but in my family, we reckon a good piss taking helps with recovery..

skidmarkz
31-05-09, 01:22 PM
i don't know if you've ever been badly hurt & hospitalised, but in my family, we reckon a good piss taking helps with recovery..

same with mine and it does, even if it is apiss taking it take ya mind off the pain/trauma . . .

glad their ok mate, speedy recovery to the liver pate boy :thumb:

dougie_boi
31-05-09, 01:34 PM
least they are all ok mate and a big lol to the bacon and onions for the guy with torn liver

Dod
31-05-09, 09:53 PM

Hardens you up and gives you the urge to heal quicker and get back at it.

Stuart
31-05-09, 09:59 PM
even if they had their seatbealts on, they would have been ripped out in the crash anyway. Defenders arent exactly "euro NCAP bolloxed" up. They do bare minimum to get type approval testing passes, make them from left over tins from the war and are assembled by imbeciles.

I'd have one for pissing about in, but I'd set the limiter to 40mph lmao Had one at 120mph once and oh my word, the reaper was sat on the bonnet beckoning us to him!!!

Mike
31-05-09, 10:02 PM
we tried really hard to talk him out of buying it, we spent weeks trying to explain that a shogun was far superior in every way, but he was smitten with a landy... now he wants a shogun.

Top bloke :thumb:

Tidy Max
01-06-09, 08:54 AM
is he sueing the council? i think he is entitled to!

mowgli
01-06-09, 11:55 AM
is he sueing the council? i think he is entitled to!

I think he'll settle for the insurance payout & one hell of a lesson in luck

General Lee
01-06-09, 12:07 PM
Had one at 120mph once and oh my word, the reaper was sat on the bonnet beckoning us to him!!!

lol lol lol lol lol made my day

mowgli
01-06-09, 12:13 PM
even if they had their seatbealts on, they would have been ripped out in the crash anyway. Defenders arent exactly "euro NCAP bolloxed" up. They do bare minimum to get type approval testing passes, make them from left over tins from the war and are assembled by imbeciles.

I'd have one for pissing about in, but I'd set the limiter to 40mph lmao Had one at 120mph once and oh my word, the reaper was sat on the bonnet beckoning us to him!!!

had they worn their seatbelts, the lap belt bits would have been intact & the inertia ratchets would have pulled tight. they would still have died.

Lee
01-06-09, 02:23 PM
Yeah, ive driven a few 90's, and the steering is vauge at the best of times, but at the end of the day, they are ace off road.

Smacks of inexperience though, tbh im not sure if a new driver should be allowed to be let loose with a blamange like a landy until they at least have an idea how to keep it on its wheels when hitting pot holes. Harsh but true.

MattBrown
01-06-09, 02:39 PM
A sub in a Landrover?

Or did i missread that?

And, is he a farmer?

Glad he is ok:thumb:

mowgli
01-06-09, 02:41 PM
/\/\ inexperience is a moot point with jim. he's 17, had his licence for 3 months, but has been driving everything since he was 11. he can handle tractors, lorrys, trucks & huge machinery like a veteran, but he does drive down the road like his dad, ie. like he's nicked it........

mowgli
01-06-09, 02:42 PM
A sub in a Landrover?

Or did i missread that?

And, is he a farmer?

Glad he is ok:thumb:

yes, it was only the size of a small fridge..

these farmer boys don't just listen to the wurzels these days.... Hardcore D&B is where its at for a lot of young farmers

Lee
01-06-09, 02:54 PM
he can handle tractors
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Hance1976/TractorCrash5.jpg

lorrys, trucks
http://images.newsquest.co.uk/image.php?id=422908&type=full

& huge machinery like a veteran
http://blog.mlive.com/saginawnews_impact/2008/10/large_mks.combinecrash2.jpg

lol

MK999
01-06-09, 03:04 PM
http://images.newsquest.co.uk/image.php?id=422908&type=full

How in the...? lol

c20 nva
01-06-09, 04:06 PM
that was a polish driver lol

mowgli
01-06-09, 04:40 PM
How in the...? lol

dead easy, the driver left the tipping gear in when he pulled off & as it went up the road, the body rose up. usually it takes the chassis/cab up with it....... but the bolts have sheared off on this one...

mowgli
01-06-09, 04:41 PM
lee, the first & last picture were caused by cars hitting them, and the second was by a scotsman not using his brain..............

MK999
01-06-09, 04:42 PM
ahh yeah i see now, i thought it was the whole thing wedged in there, didn't realise it was just the 'loading' type bit

c20 nva
01-06-09, 05:04 PM
lee, the first & last picture were caused by cars hitting them, and the second was by a scotsman not using his brain..............

:tard: that was a polish driver

mowgli
01-06-09, 05:20 PM
:tard: that was a polish driver

and you know how???

c20 nva
01-06-09, 05:23 PM
i was working with the drivers that day

Lee
01-06-09, 08:39 PM
I shall refrain from using artistic licence in the future :(