PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to modify a 1.5 TD engine ?????

Sexy_cruiser
04-02-03, 12:49 PM
well theres the question. chance are i'm getting one for ?800 in pretty good nick :roll:

just wondering how easy are they to work on and modify as i've never owned a vauxhall before as i used to be a VW man.

thanx

wisewood
04-02-03, 01:01 PM
From a mechanical point of view you need to speak to micky - he is, as far as i know the man to speak to about Diesels :D

As for the rest of the car, just as easy to work on as any other nova...
Not too difficult really... Read through the technical and styling forums and you should learn quite a bit.

Sexy_cruiser
04-02-03, 01:11 PM
cheers fella just need to convince me dad now to lend me the money till i can pay him back :lol:

i went to see it and the bloke took me for a test drive then after when he was taking me name and number he found out he knew my dad as he used to go school with him so he chucked me the keys and not only said i could take it for a test drive me self but i could give it death to to see how quick they actually are and FUCK ME how quick are they for a diesel :twisted:

i was well impressed

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 01:53 PM
If u think the diesel was fast, test drive a 1.4 petrol then u will be impressed :D

Sexy_cruiser
04-02-03, 01:58 PM
i drive a 1.4 mk3 golf and i thought that was fairly quick for its size then got a lift of Ste_sa (Ste_nova on DC) and his was very quick but FUCK ME this was RAPID

:twisted:

wisewood
04-02-03, 02:01 PM
It wasnt his valver you got a lift in was it? :lol:
coz well, that would be quick wouldnt it :D

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 02:04 PM
all nova's r quick compared to other car's i think... FORDS r well slow...

u will prob find that the standard 1.2 petrol nova, is about that as fast as a 1.5 diesel... but u can tune the 1.2 quite alot aswell.

I think u would be best gettin a 1.2 as they will be easier to work with & cheap to mod the engine :D eg. check the guide out on how to mod the 1.2!!

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 03:02 PM
WELL SORRY, SO IM NOT VERY WELL UP ON THE DIESELS.

I STILL THINK THERE SH*TE, SOUND LIKE BLACK CABS & DIRTY AS FCUK.... :evil:

Ben (lurk75)
04-02-03, 03:05 PM
WELL SORRY, SO IM NOT VERY WELL UP ON THE DIESELS.

I STILL THINK THERE SH*TE, SOUND LIKE BLACK CABS & DIRTY AS FCUK.... :evil:

woooo your cruising for a bruising!

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 03:15 PM
:D

wisewood
04-02-03, 03:15 PM
hahahha - i love it when micky goes off on one to prove a point :lol:

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 03:22 PM
OK U WIN!! IL KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH MIKEY OWENS IN FUTURE... :D

JUST ONE THING THO WOT PISSES U OFF ABOUT CAPS LOCK? HAHA

wisewood
04-02-03, 03:24 PM
Steady on son - there'sa reason we call him Ban Man :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
04-02-03, 03:24 PM
its annoying!

Ben (lurk75)
04-02-03, 03:30 PM
OK U WIN!! IL KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH MIKEY OWENS IN FUTURE... :D

JUST ONE THING THO WOT p**s U OFF ABOUT CAPS LOCK? HAHA

apart from the fact that u cant even spell my name with big easy to read caps locks letters

LOL at you being called mikey, sounds like a proper red neck yank name!

burgessovsalford
04-02-03, 03:32 PM
:oops:

Wiggie
06-02-03, 03:38 PM
hehehe, :roll: worth the argument?? i love diesils simply coz there practicly impossible to stall, and the lovley black dirty exhust you can creat when droping a gear on motor ways.......EXELENT for the prick right up your ass!.....yeah says me with me 1.2 petrol. nevamind, mum didnt mind me borroing the pug 405 td.

_JH_
07-02-03, 01:50 AM
anyone who thinks diesels, and especially turbo diesels, are crap needs putting down and has obviously never driven one.

i suggest they take a look in their local yellow ad paper and go do a few test drives.

not only have they got plenty of torque, bhp etc etc, but for those of you who like the traffic light grand prix they are a wolf in sheeps clothing.

i was sitting at some lights on the way into cardiff in my peugeot engined rover 218 sld turbo, completely standard (looks like something your in laws come to sunday lunch in). Next to me was a toyota hatch of some kind, with 16valve etc on the side, modded to fuck with two rob hardy lookalikes inside. as we pulled off, they were revving the balls off and looking across at me, we both had our windows down and my missus jokingly shouted GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! they laughed at me as they edged ahead in 1st, we were level in second and they were looking across, the passenger shouting "c'mon" etc etc. i changed to 3rd... floored it... the revs hit 3000... bye bye toyota. my missus was hangin outta the window pulling faces but they were probably to far behind to see :wink: