PDA

View Full Version : More missing parts..help ?

Bobminda
30-05-09, 07:23 PM
Not sure if I'm missing something ?, A cover over the flywheel ?

http://i713.photobucket.com/albums/ww135/Bobminda/100_6069.jpg

craig green
30-05-09, 07:26 PM
Oil level sender for an Astra GTE type warning display. Don't worry about it. Making it function in a Nova is wiring & extra lights installed on a dash panel. No worries.

Astra GTE's also had a brake light warning lamp, washer fluid level & other stuff that ends up not working over the years.

Bobminda
30-05-09, 07:29 PM
Oil level sender for an Astra GTE type warning display. Don't worry about it. Making it function in a Nova is wiring & extra lights installed on a dash panel. No worries.

Astra GTE's also had a brake light warning lamp, washer fluid level & other stuff that ends up not working over the years.

Cheers, what about the exposed flywheel ?

Leeboo
30-05-09, 07:33 PM
Yeah you are missing the flywheel cover plate, get one on there asap incase a stone or something gets lodged in there. Anythings possible.

It attaches using 3 or 4 small bolts. I reckon most old vaux gearboxes use the same one but I can't be sure.

edit - you are running a 2.0? Probably a different one. Check what box you have and put up a wanted ad for one

Bobminda
30-05-09, 07:42 PM
Yeah you are missing the flywheel cover plate, get one on there asap incase a stone or something gets lodged in there. Anythings possible.

It attaches using 3 or 4 small bolts. I reckon most old vaux gearboxes use the same one but I can't be sure.

edit - you are running a 2.0? Probably a different one. Check what box you have and put up a wanted ad for one

Cheers Leeboo, Yeah it's a 2.0 but i couldnt tell you what type it is, can you point me in the direction?

Leeboo
30-05-09, 07:47 PM
If its anything like small block gear box, it will tell you under the selector (the shaft going into the top of the gear box). It should be something like "F16" or "F20" in raised letters on the metal

Bobminda
30-05-09, 07:51 PM
If its anything like small block gear box, it will tell you under the selector (the shaft going into the top of the gear box). It should be something like "F16" or "F20" in raised letters on the metal

F20 !! just looked...Thanks...:thumb:

gaznovalet
31-05-09, 08:21 PM
got a cover here pm me if intrested.

Sloth
31-05-09, 08:59 PM
got 6 in the shed, ive never fitted em tbh.

MARTIN KELSON
31-05-09, 09:25 PM
got 6 in the shed, ive never fitted em tbh.

If there for the F20 let me know what you want for one delivered as i also need one for mine.

Cheers

Martin

Sloth
31-05-09, 09:30 PM
dude all f16 and f20s are the same, go to ya local scrappy with a bag of tools and "borrow" one