PDA

View Full Version : illegal use of horn?

marc novataken
30-05-09, 03:31 PM
just quick question, i was driving earlier and saw a mate, gave a couple of toots and a wave. got pulled over 30 secs later and told that i can get 3 points as it is driving without due care and attention. just wondering if thats true or just an excuse to have a look over the car?

bmw156
30-05-09, 03:34 PM
nah i think its legit as your using your horn and dont need to, you could "put of" other drivers or some bull**** like that.

not sure about about the due care and attention bit tho lol

marc novataken
30-05-09, 03:39 PM
suppose so, just thought 3 points was a bit extreme! so if i did it another time is it something likely to get me an NIP? real paranoid i know lol

Rickardo
30-05-09, 03:43 PM
The highway code say's. only use your horn in an emergency.. :)

brake-dust
30-05-09, 03:45 PM
its also illegal to use a horn after 11pm i believe, probably just wanted to have a look at the motor

Rickardo
30-05-09, 03:48 PM
# (http://www.jezuk.co.uk/jez?id=1441)The Highway Code - Rule 92 (http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/07.shtml#92)
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn
while stationary on the road
when driving in a built up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am

marc novataken
30-05-09, 03:52 PM
is it something likely to warrant an NIP?

Rickardo
30-05-09, 03:57 PM
i doubt it, i just think the copper wanted to look round the car, using your horn was a good excuse, to give you some verbal and flex his muscle's.

DON'T DO IT AGAIN..:thumb::thumb:

novalicous
30-05-09, 04:12 PM
back in the day when i had mo-peds i got pulled after hooting at some local btalent and got a £30 fine for inapropite(sp) use of the horn lol

marc novataken
30-05-09, 04:20 PM
ok i just hope i dont get points. probably (hopefully) being paranoid lol

Jack
30-05-09, 07:56 PM
# (http://www.jezuk.co.uk/jez?id=1441)The Highway Code - Rule 92 (http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/07.shtml#92)
The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn
while stationary on the road
when driving in a built up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
WTF!

So if you're parked there and some turkey is reversing into you, you're supposed to just sit there and let it happen? Bollocks. Copper can give me as many points as they like, I'd drop my pants and wave my willy around if it makes someone who's about to drive into me aware of my presence.

Jay
30-05-09, 08:43 PM
WTF!

So if you're parked there and some turkey is reversing into you, you're supposed to just sit there and let it happen? Bollocks. Copper can give me as many points as they like, I'd drop my pants and wave my willy around if it makes someone who's about to drive into me aware of my presence.

lol :thumb:

Dave.
30-05-09, 08:47 PM
WTF!

Also, every traffic jam in Britain would be a field day for cops, everyoen tooting their horns at the ques

although, would be funny to see the coppers runnign up and down the carrigeway, everyone beeping their horns to get them to run back and forth lol

craig green
30-05-09, 09:01 PM
I got pulled over 30 secs later and told that i can get 3 points as it is driving without due care and attention. just wondering if thats true or just an excuse to have a look over the car?

I would have pointed out that excessively loud exhausts, blue neon lights (infact any neons), tinted windows & such like are also illegal. When I was 16/17 the lads used to get pulled for all of the above. Its just the norm now. :confused:

marc novataken
30-05-09, 09:05 PM
I would have pointed out that excessively loud exhausts, blue neon lights (infact any neons), tinted windows & such like are also illegal. When I was 16/17 the lads used to get pulled for all of the above. Its just the norm now. :confused:

i would have said something like that to em but already got 3 points and another 3 sees me banned so didnt wanna push my luck :cry:

mowgli
30-05-09, 09:20 PM
did you know that by law you must make sure your horn works before driving..... even though it is illegal to sound the horn whilst stationary... hmmmmmm.

marc novataken
30-05-09, 09:22 PM
did you know that by law you must make sure your horn works before driving..... even though it is illegal to sound the horn whilst stationary... hmmmmmm.

very good point :thumb:

Jack
30-05-09, 09:42 PM
blue neon lights (infact any neons)
Neons aren't illegal (depending on how they're affixed of course)

....although the fashion police might arrest you for them lol

skidmarkz
31-05-09, 09:23 AM
^^^ lol