PDA

View Full Version : FK Coilovers - worth there salt?

Mike
30-05-09, 01:55 PM
Enlighten me.

Ernie
30-05-09, 02:00 PM
what ?

Mike
30-05-09, 02:02 PM
Are FK Coilovers worth there salt.

You never heard that phrase? "Worth there salt"? >> Are they any good.

Edd
30-05-09, 02:27 PM
Only heard bad things tbh. Not been in a nova with them tho. Mate had them on his Clio 172, awful ride at any height. He had about three sets on warentee, kept leaking fluid. He had the cheaper ones tho, highsport non adjustable damping. Konigsports have adjustable koni shocks but are about £500 and for that you could get a Gaz setup.

vx kev
30-05-09, 03:47 PM
Bought them for a corsa b running a LET before. They were harryendous :tard:
Splashed out on Avos and it was like night & day!

A few boys up this way are Running Janspeed or TA Technix Coilies (basically made by the same peeps) the now and they certainly seem worth there salt :thumb:

Jenks
30-05-09, 05:34 PM
Just fited a set to a 1.4 corsa today, seem to be ok if your going for the low and slow look, wouldnt put them on a rally/track car though. :thumb:

craig green
30-05-09, 05:40 PM
Hardly a brand you see slapped on works race/rally cars is it??

Personally I'd steer clear.

Rexy
30-05-09, 07:49 PM
I ran the Konisports on my golfs and they were awesome, They are Koni internals Never bothered with the cheaper ones mind. I was going to buy them for the 172 but well i couldnt be arsed. If you set them up too hard then they will be exclty that lol. Play about with the spring/damper combos setting ride heights to what you like and feel.

let_nova
30-05-09, 08:19 PM
there ok just a wee bit soft.

Mike
30-05-09, 09:41 PM
Im only planning on the odd country lane blast but mostly pure straight line drag.

Lee H
30-05-09, 10:00 PM
The elongated top bolt hole to set camber seems to be a pain as well as people tend to find it slips if you hit a big enough hole and messes the camber and tracking up.

Think Keith Robinson ended up welding washers on his to keep the camber in the right place.

AlanH
30-05-09, 10:17 PM
as above, just done a cyl. head on a 1.6 corsa with them and having to do the same thing due to them slipping and causing the wheel to catch the spring,took a big chunk out of the inside of the tyre. i will be welding the nut onto his though, makes life easier for removing them. ride feels o.k. but he has it set silly low and they are a little soft so decks out a lot and rubs on 195 50 15s and et49 wheels

Tommy_nova
30-05-09, 10:50 PM
any pics of what to do mate i dont want mine to nock the camber out

The elongated top bolt hole to set camber seems to be a pain as well as people tend to find it slips if you hit a big enough hole and messes the camber and tracking up.

Think Keith Robinson ended up welding washers on his to keep the camber in the right place.

Lee H
30-05-09, 10:55 PM
Just weld a washer on the strut where you want the camber set so its like a normal shock with a round hole instead of a long oval hole.

No pics as i've never done it, just read about problems people have had with them. Sure there will be pics on Keiths old build thread.

burgo
30-05-09, 10:57 PM
i never had a problem with mine slipping. just have to do them up proper FT

stupot89
30-05-09, 11:04 PM
i had them on my nova and never had a problem with them and never had any issues with the camber slippin

Rick Draper
31-05-09, 12:23 AM
Perfectly fine. I had a set, looked after them and they were great. Never blew seals unlike avo ****.

skidmarkz
31-05-09, 09:15 AM
Spax RSX Coilover ftw :) love em, had FK they lasted a month to boaty, soft, bad feeling, gonna try my mates GAZ setup next see how they compair to the Spax kit :)

Benn
31-05-09, 09:17 AM
Mine where great, but a bit soft.
Never had a prob with the top hole moving, as said just do it up tight.

Gaz stuff is better tho...lol

Mike
31-05-09, 09:24 AM
Fcuk it theyll do me. Its only for a strip car anyway.

skidmarkz
31-05-09, 09:25 AM
oooo not sure i wanna see you strip though bud :P

dj_wudgey
31-05-09, 12:04 PM
i was going to get some but ill go with gaz instead lol

hendrix
31-05-09, 08:50 PM
guess ill be taking my FK's off and fitting the leda springs and shocks I have!!! lol

Mike
02-06-09, 09:42 PM
Right so they arrived this morning, god knows what model they are but i got them half price thats all i know lol

Would get pics but really CBA lol

Annodised gold top plates & colars, yellow main body, yellow springs, camber bolts as standard? Sticker saying "EDITION Gewindefahrwerk SG06 VA", no helper spring setup either :D

What ever the funk that means?

According to Babel Fish "Gewindefahrwerk" means "Thread chassis" ??