PDA

View Full Version : strange problem

pikey1986
30-05-09, 01:08 PM
i went to go out this morning put my key in the ignition turned and let the fuel pump prime, turned it again and noting happened:wtf: , i tried again and still nothing, ive just bin back out to see if it was still doing this and low and behold it fired straight up as if nothing was ever the wrong, anyone have any ideas of what caused this as i dont want it happening if im miles from home,
any help would be much appriciated, thanks kyle

FB_evolutions
30-05-09, 01:10 PM
dodgy earth?

brake-dust
30-05-09, 01:13 PM
could be a earth, had a similar problem with a 300zx, it turned out to be the fuel pump wires on top of the tank had corroded and were making a bad connection.

novalicous
30-05-09, 04:21 PM
try the fuel pump relay

mine was doing the same the other day check the condition of the spades on the relay mine were a bit coroded just gave them a quick clean up with emery cloth good as new :thumb:

mowgli
30-05-09, 09:52 PM
i'd say the connections on the fuel relay need a clean

Iain
31-05-09, 09:50 AM
Sounds just like what happened when my fuel relay was knackered. Sometimes it'd start fine, sometimes it would prime but not start, sometimes it wouldn't prime or start, and sometimes it would do neither.

Try (temporarily) bypassing the relay with an ign live to the pump and see if it solves the problem.