PDA

View Full Version : working weekends..

Tidy Max
30-05-09, 08:18 AM
..well gutted :(

Hobbit
30-05-09, 02:28 PM
Yuo, working weekend licks balls, i do 5 weekends on 3 off, and im on my first weekend :(

General Baxter
30-05-09, 02:32 PM
bahahahaha im off for 2 weeks now, then got the weekends aswell :p

Mike
30-05-09, 02:32 PM
I dont see what the problem is working weekends tbh

Edd
30-05-09, 03:21 PM
12 hours for me today and tomorrow, lucky to have any kind of work round here at the mo, let alone moaning bout weekend work. Is annoying looking outside when it's good weather like this tho.

Tidy Max
30-05-09, 03:44 PM
fair point edd but still, its SO sunny, and they were testing he ******* cemtral heating on site today!

anyway setting off home now, same but longer tommoro, adios chaps!

Jack
30-05-09, 08:08 PM
I quit working weekends when I was at taunton council; the work during the week sucked so I needed two days to recover from it. Nowadays I barely have time to do anything so having a two day weekend is still pretty important to me.

Gashgusher
30-05-09, 08:28 PM
i get every sunday off, and a rolling day so week1 is monday, week two tuesday etc, then on the 6th week i get saturday, then the sunday, and monday's back on week 1, so 3 day w/end. nice! and all bank holidays etc :D

craig green
30-05-09, 08:55 PM
I worked on Saturdays for years, I used to skive a fair bit tbh but I did find it annoying. When I moved jobs to a Mon - Fri, it actually took me ages to get used to not working the Saturday. I used to feel guilty I should have been in work. I think it took about 6 months or so to get used to it.

On the plus side, whilst you are earning money, all the peeps off work are sat in traffic & negotiating packed shopping malls etc.