PDA

View Full Version : Abit of help? (paint code)

kc_08
29-05-09, 08:13 AM
Can someone tell me where to find my paint code on my mk1 nova? :D
cause today im getting some paint for a spoiler. and whats the best thing to do about if the paint dont match? like my paints more fadded than the factory paint code, is there a way to go a shade lighter or somthing?
and also what sort of code will i be looking for? numbers/letters and stuff? or if i give someone my car details can they find the code?

Jack
29-05-09, 09:12 AM
It will be no the VIN plate, on the slam panel.

See my sig for info on paint codes. The bodyshop should however be able to match the paint to your car, so if its faded a bit they can account for that.

lee-loon
29-05-09, 09:20 AM
if your paint has gone dull/discolour'd you cant get a different shade to match,you need to bring it back with compound or even T-cut then match the colour.

On the slam panel it wil have a metal plate same size as a credit card and same colour as the car with lots of numbers on it. You are looking for 2 numbers and a letter somthing like 47L or 57L

kc_08
29-05-09, 09:22 AM
oh right cheers il go have a look now. just went through old history and found all the dealer services, and the original warranty even the old staples are rusty on that lol. and it had the colour nordic blue on it? i cant take the car theree as its off the road at the moment :(

Pillar
29-05-09, 12:20 PM
253/18: Nordic Blue (91-93)

kc_08
30-05-09, 08:47 AM
cheers mate, got the paint yesterday prep'd everything up ready to go and colour coded my mirrors and sprayed the spoiler i bought off pillar (cheers mate). now just got to wait til the next pay check, should be getting abit. been working loads of hours since one of the managers are off on holiday.