PDA

View Full Version : Brake Servo

YellowTurbo
03-02-03, 08:15 PM
My brake servo is starting to sweak when braking lightly.

Will a Astra Servo fit on a nova as i have got 16v waiting to be fitted to so i might aswell fit a astra servo if it will improve my breaking.

mowgli
03-02-03, 10:56 PM
If you mean squeak, please be more specific

Does it cause any loss of braking force???

Are you suffering any leakage of fluid?????

Do you mean the servo or the master cylinder (which is bolted onto the front of it)

Does the linkage need greasing?????

YellowTurbo
03-02-03, 11:02 PM
sorry.....

the brakes feel really stiff.

no fluid is leaking.

i get a squekey noise when braking that is coming from the brake servo/master cylalnder area.

rysmee
04-02-03, 06:08 PM
yeah i had the same noise also.. i hate it when you get noises coming from important places, so just to be sure i changed to a gte servo, then everything was fine.

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:36 PM
:? probably a seal or something........?

seli
06-02-03, 04:15 AM
i chated with the guys at opel and opel semetery(norway junk yeard body shop) and they told me to mesur the vakum from the servo and chek that there is no leakes and i nesasery change the vakum hose. butt in most cases i can be the brekes them selfs mostly the front .if all is ok. clean you front brakes take the brakes of clean them changse break sels and be shure that they move easely let the brekes blead (change brakfluit) cheak that the brake lines arent klamed. and re insert them and wola shut bee good as new. and the breaks at back just get NEW brakeing cylenders (break presses) and lett them blead to gett a the air out. and wola you car isent in stopeble anymore you can brake on your comand and wish. it dosent kost much only few koins and some love and atensjon and u can also coler the front brakes redd and tell all your friends that u just good new ones from a champion racing can or somthing to make them emvy you :lol:

frog_southampton
06-02-03, 08:32 AM
i got a kind of squeeking noise comming from my passenger footwell when i break....done my break pads/disc's 2 weeks ago and was good as new....but now they gone quite soft again
is it dodgey servo?

rysmee
06-02-03, 01:52 PM
i guess you just have to give them time to bed in. you can never really tell what new brakes are like till well after a few hundred miles, as only then will they start to work at their optimum level.
i take it you didn't disconnect any hoses ( so it wouldn't be coz they need bleeding?) also make sure the rear brakes are adjusted prop(the adjusters are crap in the drums, you might need to wind them out by hand) as this has an enourmous effect on pedal travel and can make them feel alot nicer.
i recently did mine, with 16v calipers, braided lines and dot5.1 fluid, now they are awesome and i keep locking the wheels up by accident.

seli
09-02-03, 01:28 AM
It might also bee the you dident put in brake pumps (dont know what you cal them)
its like a tape that u put in the back side of the brake shoe. that takes care of the scwekking. i have always used them and i have never had any squik from the brakes ..... and if u change brake shos or disks you shot alwais change them i pairs (bothe sides left n right)
i hop this helps :)

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 08:55 PM
try bleeding them.........?