PDA

View Full Version : coilovers fitting problem

P Whack
28-05-09, 11:29 PM
fitted a set of fk coilovers to my nova just now and the tyres are rubbing on the adjustment rings of the coilover just wodnered if anyone had this problem? also it seems to want to pull to 1 side more than the other now and never used to do that

AlexW
28-05-09, 11:31 PM
Helper springs removed?

Pistol Pete
28-05-09, 11:32 PM
What he said. Also is the nut wound all the way down?

burgo
28-05-09, 11:32 PM
it is the rubbing on the spring platform that is making it pull. if it has helper springs then remove them and i thought FK's had an enlarged top hub mount hole to allow camber adjustment

P Whack
29-05-09, 07:18 PM
it is the rubbing on the spring platform that is making it pull. if it has helper springs then remove them and i thought FK's had an enlarged top hub mount hole to allow camber adjustment

yeah they do have them, and its set to negative camber and is still touching! using cavalier expression wheels and everything is tight on it, cant figure it out think i may need to space them out 5 or 10mm anyone know where i can get longer studs?

Jay
29-05-09, 07:21 PM
yeah they do have them, and its set to negative camber and is still touching! using cavalier expression wheels and everything is tight on it, cant figure it out think i may need to space them out 5 or 10mm anyone know where i can get longer studs?

If you mean wheel bolts, some mercedes one's fit.

xe Dan
29-05-09, 07:22 PM
they need 5mm spacers i had this problem

Southie
29-05-09, 07:29 PM
Which fk coilovers have you bought. I had a set of the blue highsport ones whilst running cav slabs on 195/45/15 and they never scrubbed even with the helper spring still attached.

P Whack
29-05-09, 10:12 PM
NO helper springs and the set that was recently in total vauxhall, looks like 5 mm spacers for me lol

they need 5mm spacers i had this problem

Did you use standard studs???