PDA

View Full Version : dont think my car wants to go to PVS

AlanH
28-05-09, 10:51 PM
think i'm fighting a losing battle today. yesterday all went well, got the last coat of paint on the shell, doesn't look too bad for a rush job. re-fitted 75% of the interior and got clutch and throttle cables attached, all seemed well. went out this morning and put a final coat on the bumpers and spoiler, for some reason the paint has reacted REALLY badly on the rear bumper, looked like i had sprayed it with water. thought fair enough, s*** happens. fitted the t-piece to my water pipes and filled it up to find my radiator was leaking, was a bit pee'd. fired the car up (with no manifold) with the intention of giving a little run to check all was O.K. and it spat loads of water out of the middle 2 pots:( head gasket failure (just did it before i fitted engine but obviously must have torqued it down wrong) i think my car hates me, and i definitely dont like it very much at the minute:wtf: still has no driveshafts, lights, wiper motor, blower motor or M.O.T. and i'm planning on having it ready and driving 220 miles to PVS:roll:

ade
28-05-09, 11:31 PM
meh - youve got 8 days yet - easy!

lol

good luck!

Novaboyleon
29-05-09, 08:15 PM
hah! i thought that about my car, the amount of things that happen just before you want it on show, a pigeon decided to smash my windscreen the other day!

novaguy08
29-05-09, 08:45 PM
dude that sucks, when ya do the head again double and triple check that its torqued correctly, and with the painty thing, **** happens!

Unfortunatly sods law comes into effect, i betcha if i deceided to get my Nova going for PVS then i would have a million & one things needed to be done by the end of it!

Rexy
30-05-09, 09:52 AM
You Can Do It!!!!!

novaguy08
30-05-09, 04:12 PM
Go man go :D

Get them spanners spinning :D

AlanH
30-05-09, 05:06 PM
getting there. on putting head back on now, just came in to double check the torque settings. got my new shafts in but the nut on the outer c.v. is stuck. b******. paint can wait, want it running first. will update more this afternoon

craig green
30-05-09, 05:42 PM
Go at it fella!

novaguy08
30-05-09, 06:04 PM
i find if spanners dont work teeth work better :D lol

AlanH
30-05-09, 09:46 PM
i find if spanners dont work teeth work better :D lol

lol class, love it
bit of progress today. head is refitted with inlet manifold and all pipework attached, wiring harness back on, throttle body refitted etc. and my new gsi radiator in,just needs bottom hose attached, water pipe t-piece attached (although i was looking at one today with an outlet tapped into the header, looked much neater) timing put back on and battery attached then it should run. still need the nut off the end of the pass. side shaft to fit hub and caliper carriers off (angle grinder to the old bolts and put new ones in me thinks) and finish making my exhaust as i've welded a piece of flexi pipe in then it will drive. cant wait. hopefully be done apart from the exhaust by tomorrow night. still need bumpers repainted, front seats in and m.o.t. but i reckon it should be done easily if nothing else goes t*ts up. got the mrs. corsa to test and fit a windscreen as well, she's decided she wants to take that down instead of her friends clio.

skidmarkz
31-05-09, 09:25 AM
sod the misses fix the nova first :thumb:

AlanH
01-06-09, 10:41 PM
quite a bit of progress now, car runs and idles (although was a little smoky and very loud as it has no exhaust manifold on yet) interior is finished apart from a small piece of carpet and a GSI door capping. all the lights are wired up, headlights are bolted in. hubs and brakes are fitted, coilovers on etc., new rad and modified corsa fan on. all i need to do is finish making the exhaust, find a small water leak around the bottom of inlet manifold, paint the bumpers and bolt wiper motor up. Feel much better about it than when i made this post. got the mrs. car's new interior in (she actually helped, and had a go at welding lol) and her balljoint on. need to fit windscreen and a small bit of paintwork for her M.O.T.

novaguy08
02-06-09, 04:53 PM
go man go :D

The water leak sounds like CTS aint done up all the way (ie torqued correctly!)

NASTYNOVA
02-06-09, 07:01 PM
simple answer mate - ill swap yee mine!! it runs!! - in a round about sort of way!! (the hatch i mean, yee couldnt handle the loon!!) lmao

AlanH
02-06-09, 10:57 PM
water leak was the jubilee clip on the water pipe that goes onto bottom of inlet manifold not tight enough. car is now on its wheels and drives. need to tidy the wiring up a little more, fit the backbox, swap rear wheels and paint the bumpers. your 1.0 is too fast for me ricky, and i drive like a girl so power like that would be wasted on me lol. oh and i now own 3 XE engines, told you its impossible to have too many, and you're still not getting one!! the newest one is getting converted to LET.

Nobby
02-06-09, 11:15 PM
fair play kidda hope all goes to plan!!

Sloth
02-06-09, 11:53 PM
good luck alan, hope to see it there

NASTYNOVA
03-06-09, 07:29 PM
oh and i now own 3 XE engines, told you its impossible to have too many, and you're still not getting one!! the newest one is getting converted to LET.
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/w/b/bush_finger_flip.jpg

and my name is geoff :mad:

Sloth
03-06-09, 08:38 PM
lol whassat mean?

AlanH
04-06-09, 11:15 AM
he's gutted 'coz i wont sell him any of my xe's lol. cars running and driving, will be there. had a bit of a scare with loss of spark but was just the rotor arm. need to remove the alternator and add a bit more clearance on the chassis leg (read kick f*** outta it with a hammer and chisel) wire the horn up and attach the speedo cable to the back of the clocks. had a drive and the engine/box felt good so roll on M.O.T. tomorrow. will post pics up later

novaguy08
04-06-09, 06:15 PM
So close make sure it dont fail the MOT!!

AlanH
04-06-09, 11:29 PM
got it out for a proper run today. steering was terrible. wrong bottom arm bolt on pass side and worn tie bar bush, be fixed in the morning though. just came in, done windscreen on the mrs. car and wired side repeaters up to mine. pic from this morning:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii227/alanhughes87/Photo040.jpg

Sloth
04-06-09, 11:37 PM
well done fella, thas a proper job!

AlanH
05-06-09, 06:52 PM
cheers bud, i'm happy with it. keeps dropping to 3 pots when its warm at the minute, gonna swap the coil as i suspect its that. passed its M.O.T. though

novaguy08
05-06-09, 08:01 PM
When its warm??

What do the plugs look like??

Nobby
05-06-09, 08:31 PM
quality mate really pleased for you! dont worry bout the 3 pots my mate drove all the way like it to pod last year!! ill come for a nose when your there lol

AlanH
06-06-09, 12:12 AM
feel free bud, was the coil, all sorted now, had a spare. got no heaters though but im not scared. setting off in a few hours, wanna miss the queues

scott.parker
06-06-09, 12:32 AM
Brave Lad!

Fair play to you, you on the stand sunday? if so see you and the car there.

Scott

AlanH
06-06-09, 12:38 AM
yeah mate i'll be on the stand, had to give it a go, was something to do lol. this time last week i thought i had no chance of making it so i'm pretty happy with how it stands now.