PDA

View Full Version : stop/tail lights problem

Mac_Nova_SR
03-02-03, 05:22 PM
apologies for the boring post....
basically my stop and tail lights were not working, as i only replaced them a while ago i thought it was strange. i replaced the bulbs in them and also noticed it had the wrong fuse(had 10 instead of 7.5) so i changed this. now, the tail lights work fine. however-no brake lights. i've checked wires and connections as far as i can. the only thing i can think of is the stop light switch mite be fcuked. ive played around wiv it, but still nothing. im tempted to go buy a new one, but what if its not that -waste of money.

any ideas anyone please.....? im confused :roll: :roll:

Aragorn
03-02-03, 07:46 PM
the fuse should be 10

vaux changed that in newer models to make it easier to carry spares - they only need 10, 20 and 30 rather than all the inbetweenies like 7.5 etc

check the switch on the pedal

i think if u short the wires together the light should come one

also check the tracks arent burned on the rear clusters

Mac_Nova_SR
03-02-03, 08:00 PM
checked everything on the rear clusters....and it all seems fine. ive moved the switch on the pedal but still nothing.....

Manta Mad
03-02-03, 09:29 PM
Aragorn is right, you need to disconnect the 2 wires that lead into the foot pedal switch, touch the 2 wires together (with ignition on!) and see if your brake lights come on - if they do, then the switch is faulty.