PDA

View Full Version : C20XE Nova Suspension.....

Mucker_TD
28-05-09, 05:24 PM
Hi guys, i cant seem to find the right set-up for my c20xe nova?

Ive tried a few different set-ups in the past but can anyone recommend the right kit to go for?

Im looking to make it sit the same height it is at the moment (check pic below) and i know this will effect the ride quality. But im also looking for a comfy/everyday/usable ride if this is possible.

If anybody has any ideas or can suggest anything from experience, please say because im going around in circles and im sure a few of you have some ideas! Cheers

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/Bifter_69/Redtop.jpg

Lee-1984
28-05-09, 05:31 PM
were in hampshire are you? im using fk highsport coilovers, there kinda stiff, looking to upgrade to spax rsx coilovers tho

Mucker_TD
28-05-09, 05:32 PM
were in hampshire are you? im using fk highsport coilovers, there kinda stiff, looking to upgrade to spax rsx coilovers tho

Im near southampton. Ive got a set of AVO coilovers with adjustable dampers but im still not happy with it.

Lee-1984
28-05-09, 05:36 PM
a lot of people use koni's, whats wrong with yours to stiff?

Riggy
28-05-09, 06:26 PM
avo's are fine for it just make sure you have some 300lb springs for them

Rich
28-05-09, 06:29 PM
Running avos that low means they are on the bump stops. Wind them up a bit and the ride will improve alot. I had the same thing with mine

Adam
28-05-09, 06:34 PM
Are you using std topmounts too??

Running avo's that low gives a terrible ride, skips all about the road.

Mucker_TD
28-05-09, 07:40 PM
Are you using std topmounts too??

Running avo's that low gives a terrible ride, skips all about the road.

yes they are standard top mounts? is that not a good thing? Do u think raise it a little and stiffen it up because its too soft at the moment?

Jack
28-05-09, 10:34 PM
I used Koni dampers (rebound adjustable) and PVD 280lb springs, which I believe were around 40mm, on my XE. Ride quality and handling was good.

I currently use Spax RSX front coilovers with the aforementioned Koni rear dampers and 60mm rear springs and 300lb front springs. Coilovers wound to about 40mm front again, ride quality is superb BUT thats with a slightly heavier engine.

Oh, and I use comfy tyres which helps :D

Rexy
28-05-09, 11:59 PM
Another option to consider is the Gaz setup with shorter damper internals, Meaning you can go slighlty lower without having to worry about damper travel. They are also height and damper adjustable, It may be worth trying the 250lb setup and find a damper setting to suit, if for road... even a slightly softer spring rate may help with ride quality helper springs will give a bit more comfort on coilover setups as well. Its all about playing and getting the right balance for your driving style.

The spax rsx kits I used on the blue xe saloon was shockingly aweful, but it only had spax rsx and still ran 1.0 tiebars etc so it wasnt really well setup. However, on the corsa the spax rsx was awesome and a really well setup car for B roads :D

GRUNT 16V
29-05-09, 10:33 AM
I Used Koni Adjustables And Eibach Pro Springs