PDA

View Full Version : REMOTE DOOR OPENING...

burgessovsalford
03-02-03, 10:07 AM
my mate has had remote door opening on his clio & it cost him somthing like ?150!! but thinking about it all it must be is a solenoid connected to the central locking or sumthing like that??

Anyone done this to there nova?

wisewood
03-02-03, 10:17 AM
This question has popped up loads of times before, I will see if i can find a link for ya to a post from before.

kingrob
03-02-03, 10:25 AM
Im getting remote central locking wired up to my alarm tomora. :D
I brought a universal central locking kit off ebay for ?30 and could have had to option of getting the remote for it for summin like an extra ?40 but i knew i was getting one later on so i didnt bother.

burgessovsalford
03-02-03, 11:39 AM
I was a bit vague(spelling?)

I meant a kit that actually opens the door(so that door pops open), not the central locking mechanism...

Alex
03-02-03, 11:41 AM
The trouble is reseting the solenoid once the door has been opened

Chris LR
03-02-03, 11:42 AM
Foam pad on the pillar,

You will have to force the door to close, but when you pop the lock it will come away from the pillar enough to get it open,

Open your window and try out different things.

?Marty?
03-02-03, 03:26 PM
The solenoid doesn't need re-setting. The door release catch re-sets it mechanically.

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:51 PM
The solenoid doesn't need re-setting. The door release catch re-sets it mechanically.

and he should know

i think hes done it with his doors.

i need to use a foam pad as mentioned to lift my boot lid away slightly, ne ideas?

novaturboo
04-02-03, 11:32 PM
I have just had this done on my car. Apparently it couldnt be done through central locking, (well the one i wanted anyway). So now all i do now is press the button and the door opens itself but had to have a toad alarm at around ?350 fitted to do the technology to actually open the door.

Freak
05-02-03, 03:22 PM
easy

If you have a clifford have two outputs connected to solenoids to unlatch the doors.

Any other alarm that unlocks the doors.

Wire up buttons or a cheapy remote kit to the same solenoids to unlatch it.
Not hard.
Doors will be locked (unless you unlock them duuu) so no problem with permanent feed to buttons.

As mentioned you need a pad to push the door open slightly, Not much only enough to get a finger in the door to open.

Not hard to do-especially with a clifford.
Have one channel to open boot, another one for each door then one to do remote headlamps.

*cue someone going 'what if the battery goes flat etc'. Who cares.
You can break into any nova in so many ridiculously easy ways, the battery going flat would be the least of my worries.

wisewood
05-02-03, 03:27 PM
*cue someone going 'what if the battery goes flat etc'. Who cares.
You can break into any nova in so many ridiculously easy ways, the battery going flat would be the least of my worries.

LMFAO - Thats a good point.

Dannova12
06-02-03, 07:46 PM
I found it best to use a push button under the mirro, and link it up the same way in which my tailgate works, therefor the solenoid only activates when the button is held in, thus allowing it to reset

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 11:24 AM
depends on the type of switch i guess

push to make (press it releases) or push and latch (press it and it clicks on and off)