PDA

View Full Version : 1400 8v on twin 40's

Dannova12
03-02-03, 03:14 AM
As my 1400 ran into problems with a broken valve ive been checkin over the rest of the engine. Basically all the engine is apart with the pistons out, ive checked over it all and im now reaady to put it back together. Im using a 1200 head as was said in the guide keeping the 1400 cam and followers. ive sourced a four branch manifold and also have the setup (manifold etc) for some twin 40's when the carbs come in. But at the moment im gonna have to run the car without the twin 40's. Will it be okay to use the standard set up from a 1200 nova when it comes to the inlet manifold and carb??? just for the time being until my twin 40's come and i dont want to have to waste more money gettin another manifold off a 1300 and a weber 32/34 to match.
Also, what do 1400's run like on 40's??????

Cheers for the help.

Aragorn
03-02-03, 02:32 PM
naa it will prolly run VERY lean and u might even damage the engine

get the inlet manifold off a carbed 1300 (if its got 2 holes for the carb it will work - try astras if u cant find a nova)

and use the original 2E3 carb from the 1400 engine

that way u only need to pay for the inlet manifold which should only be a few pounds from the scrappy

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:34 PM
Also, what do 1400's run like on 40's??????

Cheers for the help.

obviously you wont see valver power LOL

but IMO goes like stink

my FINAL engine work shud be on the brew this weekend hopefully, and after a trip to velos u shud see me with a big grin and a few RR print outs at the MK and sheffield meets.

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:35 PM
i think the key is not lots of mods, but mods that work WELL together and are reliable

oh and obviously corectly tuned and setup is VITAL

timing etc etc