PDA

View Full Version : Wheels... Halfords are bent!!

Nova_Tek
02-02-03, 11:44 PM
Halfords are bent.. well sumtimes!

Can n e one tell me straight, if 195/45 R15 tyres will fit directly on a nova wit standard suspension without rubbin and havin to roll da rear arch?

im pretty sure dey do with no probs but i need 2nd or 3rd opinons!

Thanx Muchly :lol:

TomSR
02-02-03, 11:55 PM
Depends what width and offset the wheels are

Anton
02-02-03, 11:56 PM
probably need the rear lip cut if you want ppl in the back, and thrash it round corners

Dan
03-02-03, 12:46 AM
with the correct offset of 49mm and proper wheel size of 6.5x15 the wheel will have the same rolling diameter as standard 14" steelies and absolutley no problems with arches.

Anton
03-02-03, 12:49 AM
probably need the rear lip cut if you want ppl in the back, and thrash it round corners what i found with 45mm

Ste_Nova
03-02-03, 02:41 PM
i've removed the rear shockers and springs from mine and i still get no catch with 195/45 16" :P

Ballsy
03-02-03, 10:56 PM
hey m8, dont listen t ythe ppl at halfords, i went up when i was wanting a set ov 17's, the bloke said its "impossible" to fit 17's to nova!! i told him that i want them anyway, he then foned up another store to ask sombody else if they thought they would fit and they said no also!! then when i insisted on them he said it would be better with a 215/45/17 tyre!!! i said ehh no m8!! i want as small width as possible, he then mumbled somthing then went off to check somthing!! when he came back i said screw it i want 18's!!!

so am now the proud owner ov a set ov 18's which only rubbed on the one back arch which took bout 3 secs to fix!!

Ballsy

mowgli
03-02-03, 11:00 PM
I would recommend you fit stiffer springs anyway, but asking Halfords is always going to be iffy cos they can only do what the book from head office says....

mikeoxford
04-02-03, 10:29 PM
I would recommend you fit stiffer springs anyway, but asking Halfords is always going to be iffy cos they can only do what the book from head office says....

at end of day most ripspeed "sales assitants" read max power to find out the basics to get qualified enough to get the job and through the interview, and thats your lot!

no offence to those that do no there stuff as i no one or two of u do work there!

they couldnt even give me the right brake bulb the other day

had to physically remove mine and say luck, find me one of them

and after 10 mins they said ohhhhh we only sell em in pairs thats why i cudnt find one TUT

Nova_Tek
05-02-03, 01:25 PM
Thanx for all ur replies lads :lol:

I dun my own homework and fitted both standard SRI 8v wheels dat r 195/60/R14 steel wheels and SRI 16v alloys wit 195/65/ R15 wheels and found no rubbin n e where :)

Plus as DAN sed da 6.5J alloys, which is wot I got so im confident it'll fit.

SO fanx for da info

:D