PDA

View Full Version : Fcukin' CALIPERS!

Nova_Tek
02-02-03, 11:08 PM
Dis gonna seem a lil bit STUPID but... any 1 no a trick to loosening da bolts dat hold da calipers in place :?:

Tryin to change my disks and pads on my nova and da B*tch caliper bolts wnt come free. :evil:

Already bent and snapped my rachet set by forcin it too much and bought bucket loads of adapters so i can get more power down on da rench. Even used a mechanics best mate.. HAMMER!! but still no :cry:

Dnt talk bout WD-40 dnt wrk!

N e 1 have suggestions den giv us a tinkle by replyin'

Bin wrkin out extra too maybe i aint got enuff strength but take into account da bendin' of da socket wrench!!

Cheers :D

Manta Mad
02-02-03, 11:19 PM
Yes the caliper bolts can be a 'bit' tight. I have got a similar caliper set up on my Manta - the caliper bolts are loosened by an allan key or hex type socket - I use an angled allan key and slot over this, my trolley jack handle as its about 600mm long it gives great leverage. They are still difficult to move even with this amount of leverage but you get there in the end. If you don't have a trolley jack, get a suitable length of steel tube.

Stuart
03-02-03, 02:33 AM
try doing them up a bit more and then undo them. this will "break" the thread (no not a bad thing lol)