PDA

View Full Version : best SUSPENSION for nova gsi

peter gsi
27-05-09, 07:21 PM
best SUSPENSION for nova gsi want smooth ride so dont feel every bump shocks or coil overs beast kit. and good handing thanks pete

burgo
27-05-09, 07:32 PM
if you want smooth id rule out coil overs straight away. id be tempted for a kyb gold kit. basically 20-30% uprated dampers and springs to suit

mowgli
27-05-09, 08:02 PM
probably new std gsi spec stuff & getting it rebushed with new rubbers would be the best.

Novasport
27-05-09, 08:17 PM
Bilstein cup shockers & Eibach springs.

Nova_Tek
27-05-09, 10:08 PM
Eibach or H&R Springs with good quality uprated shocks is the safest bet with new GM bushes.

peter gsi
27-05-09, 10:32 PM
where can i bye Eibach spings as i dont think they make for nova any more pete

craig green
27-05-09, 10:51 PM
if you want smooth id rule out coil overs straight away. id be tempted for a kyb gold kit. basically 20-30% uprated dampers and springs to suit

Good bet, though I dunno if the springs are any good. Having UK developed springs is sometimes a good thing as our roads are terrible. Courtenay's old Clubman package was ace.

probably new std gsi spec stuff & getting it rebushed with new rubbers would be the best.

nah the std ride height & damping sucks tbh. It's not like Novas were praised for the handling... ever.

peter gsi
27-05-09, 10:55 PM
what kind of money know have lower it with cheap springs handles well just every hard ride if you hit a bump

Sloth
27-05-09, 10:55 PM
id look for eibach stuff to and some yellow polys tbh.

craig green
27-05-09, 11:04 PM
Eibachs are good. I cannot stress enough though how bad you need to avoid Pi springs! They pass them off as a number of other brands too. Terra & another. Also avoid Black std Bilstein replacement gas shocks. Yellows all the way.

So yellow Billies & Eibachs (also known as the irmscher kit)

peter gsi
27-05-09, 11:11 PM
just want springs for now shocks later i have pi fitted:cry:

Stuart
27-05-09, 11:17 PM
if you want smooth id rule out coil overs straight away.

I say bollocks to that.

essentially with coilovers you can set the suspension EXACTLY as you want it.

eg stiff springs for the handling and then soft damping to get a nice smooth ride etc.

craig green
27-05-09, 11:20 PM
True; most people use coilovers to drop real low, so bounce & skip everywhere regardless.

craig green
27-05-09, 11:21 PM
just want springs for now shocks later i have pi fitted:cry:

If the fr springs have 60-149 printed on them, I'd guess they are pants? check.

Stuart
27-05-09, 11:25 PM
True; most people use coilovers to drop real low, so bounce & skip everywhere regardless.

well yes, most folks who fit coilovers to "normal" cars are retards and use soft springs thinking it gives them a gentle ride and then crank the damping right up stiff so it skips all over the place and blows seals lol

peter gsi
27-05-09, 11:26 PM
will do mate im going to try find some Eibach or h&s springs. dont want to spend silly about 100 pound may be more. i have to move out the way of pot holes lollol

craig green
28-05-09, 12:01 AM
i have to move out the way of pot holes lollol

That comes with owning a lowered Nova. :roll:

blue_peg_16v
28-05-09, 12:06 AM
i had a full koni adj kit and cant say owt bad about it

peter gsi
28-05-09, 09:16 AM
just want some desent springs so it ant such a hard ride

craig green
28-05-09, 10:26 AM
i had a full koni adj kit and cant say owt bad about it

Agree. KONI stuff is good.

mrT
28-05-09, 11:13 AM
i had a boge non adj -40mil kit on my gsi in it was really gd with nice ride height,oh in it was cheap,then tried avo coil-overs in they r terrible on the road when fully on it,now on spax adj kit in they r ok but but not so good or forgivin as the boge so expensive aint always best for a road car....in trust me ive tried the limitslol

Nova_Tek
28-05-09, 08:51 PM
will do mate im going to try find some Eibach or h&s springs. dont want to spend silly about 100 pound may be more. i have to move out the way of pot holes lollol

Got my H&R Sport Springs which drops 30mm - 35mm for 125quid 2 years ago.

First choice was the Eibach ProKit which would drop it 40mm (which would have been perfect) but like its been said they are discontinued. H&R where the next best alternative.

I find the ride perfect for comfortable road use but improved handling too.