PDA

View Full Version : thinking of giving up novas

xe Dan
27-05-09, 05:39 PM
im thinking about giving up novas am i ill or just gettin old after 10+ novas my hearts just not in it at the moment and i feel really fed up what shall i do

burgo
27-05-09, 05:41 PM
everyone gets like this with them. better off storing the one youve got and getting another car to use for now as i guarentee you'll end up wanting another

JShannon
27-05-09, 05:41 PM
Dont! I get like that sometimes mate. But you will just realise what a mistake you have made when you see others. Thats imo anyways.

Joe:thumb:

bedford8256
27-05-09, 05:43 PM
I Feel Like This Aswell Just Think Theres Plenty More Out There If U Decide U Want Another

blue_peg_16v
27-05-09, 05:46 PM
i got bored hence loon off road for 18 month and driving vectra bus but when that bust i bought another nova as a run around and the grin dint move from my face for about a month, once hooked it never leaves totaly

General Baxter
27-05-09, 05:47 PM
what you need todo is get another car to run about in, and at the weekend go for a blast in the nova lol

Dar
27-05-09, 05:47 PM
im thinking about giving up novas am i ill or just gettin old after 10+ novas my hearts just not in it at the moment and i feel really fed up what shall i do

Don't do it they are like automitive crack. You will only buy another one when the withdraw symptoms kick in.

skidmarkz
27-05-09, 05:56 PM
had the same thoughts, as said they are like automotive crack, you can check into rehab but as soon as you see 1 youll want another go :P

Store it, drive summat else then be happy when you decide its time to play again. Plus alot of you guys her put so much time and effort into making them how you want it, you will just get anoyed if you sell it and have to start again......

Southie
27-05-09, 06:03 PM
Just been having the same conversation with my mate who now cannot be assed finishing his rally project, even though he only needs managment for it.

I just told him to get a grip and stop being a big girls blouse and finish the damn thing.

You'll be sooooorrrry.

Dod
27-05-09, 09:03 PM
I actually cant stand them at the minute. They're over prices, poverty spec and generally unpleasent to drive compaired to my big old boat of a Cav. Also, the Cav:Nova ratio has taken a huge turn in the Cavs favour but they're still going to be finished before they're sold.

Rich
27-05-09, 09:12 PM
You will be sorry when you see it go. Im in the same position with my project, but i know if i sell it all off as parts in 2 months time i will have another on on the drive...

michael squeak
27-05-09, 09:20 PM
a month with out a nova and you will be wanting another. lol

Adam
27-05-09, 09:22 PM
what you need todo is get another car to run about in, and at the weekend go for a blast in the nova lol
Thats the best thing to do imo.
It gets boring/annoying driving them daily

Novaboi_1991
27-05-09, 09:25 PM
youll regret it mate,

your saloon is nice, altho its got a fk'd engine,

Soo many people giving up on their projects lately, :(

or completing them, and add the last mod being a for sale sign, whats the point...

Ernie
27-05-09, 09:30 PM
Im feeling the same about mine at the mo as it just sits in the garage wasting money.
To make up for it i took it for a spin across town.
After hitting 7700rpm's the smile and want more factor was back strait away.
Endded up staying out and playing with a few things before putting her back to bed.
Dirty girl needs a bath now tho.

Nobby
27-05-09, 09:36 PM
you will be back :D

Sloth
27-05-09, 09:44 PM
im coming back after 6 months away. you will not resist it, its in your blood for life. long live the nova!

Nobby
27-05-09, 09:45 PM
im coming back after 6 months away. you will not resist it, its in your blood for life. long live the nova!

New sig for me!! :thumb: + rep

Sloth
27-05-09, 09:51 PM
ta very much, spanking belmont you have btw! on my wish list.

Johnny A
27-05-09, 10:20 PM
I felt the same with my old nova, so I broke it and bought a Carlton... which has cost me thousands in fook ups with the paint job and wheels.

So much so its been half abandoned and I bought a Nova Saloon and am in the process of getting it ready for Billing :D

wwmnw
27-05-09, 10:23 PM
I have felt like this, But i look forward to fitting a more powerful engine and saying goodbye to them saxo's and punto's, On track of course.

BIGS
27-05-09, 10:35 PM
I dont know how people can get feed up with them. I cant wait to get more lol , Not going to have more then 5 as thats getting stupid but i couldnt see mtself without one :D Plus i think im obsessed who else would pay £90 for headlight protectors and £100s for the door piller vinals and decals lol :roll:

dj_wudgey
27-05-09, 10:37 PM
as said once you get rid off one you will want another lol

Asa-James
27-05-09, 10:43 PM
i've just bought my third after 2 years of not driving one, i cant believe how much i missed the stupid simplicity of them and cant wait to get mine back on the road and just drive to anywhere!

if your really fed up, do what has been suggested and store yours while you get a runabout, you'll find your way back to the rusty side eventually

wwmnw
27-05-09, 11:26 PM
i've just bought my third after 2 years of not driving one, i cant believe how much i missed the stupid simplicity of them and cant wait to get mine back on the road and just drive to anywhere!

if your really fed up, do what has been suggested and store yours while you get a runabout, you'll find your way back to the rusty side eventually

<3 j00 :)

L33 LEG
27-05-09, 11:56 PM
i had enough of them last year. i sold up and as soon as the buyer came to collect i regretted it, always wanted it back so eventually got it. even if i do go of it at times now il just leave it in my garage where itl always stay. it takes prioity over everything lol

dont sell up, ul only want it back. put it in storage and get another car. then when you want a nova again itl be there waiting...

craig green
27-05-09, 11:59 PM

Theres no bad in what you say. But you know you'll be back.

skidmarkz
28-05-09, 06:41 AM
i got 2 :P

GTE TURBZ
28-05-09, 10:37 AM
I alternate every 6 months, from october to march i use the diesel and nova comes out in summer, i do occasionally get sick of it, but when its in the garage in the winter months, just knowing u got it waiting keeps you content.

tony k
28-05-09, 10:41 AM
dont do it mate i done it before,but i soon got the bug for another one just store it away as it will eat you away when you sell it

Dod
28-05-09, 11:00 AM
i got 2 :P

6 and a 7th coming in the next week. :cool:

dhdev (Oli)
28-05-09, 04:05 PM
Go for it, sell up! I know I would if the right cash came my way :) Plenty more fish in the sea, and most of those are potentially faster, handle better, look better, more comfortable etc etc etc ;)