PDA

View Full Version : Will There Be Anyting Wrong Wit My Nova!

Nova_Tek
02-02-03, 10:07 PM
Rite My nova 1.2 has bin sittin in my garage for years! Mum was usin' it at first but prefered drivin a car wit power steerin' (dnt blame her)! :?

Now, engine starts really well runs no problem, new oil, new plugs, petrol hoses (old ones were leakin' :? etc) and i have recently dun body wrk and got rid of da rusty parts. Got sum 15" wheels on it etc etc U no wot im on about! :lol:

Soon to be goin for an MOT! Confident dat it will pass!!

Coz its bin 'RESTING' for a long time will dere be any engine problems dat i could expect from it? :o

Has anyone experienced any problems from a well rested car?

Gimime your views, much appreciated lads and ladies (if any)

:D

Manta Mad
02-02-03, 11:22 PM
Usual problems are flat battery! and seized brakes and I had this happen to me once that when I started to use the car again, the rear crank oil seal blew :(

Chris LR
02-02-03, 11:43 PM
Handbrake on/off?
Have you look at gearbox oil?
Changed water in system and flushed?

Anton
02-02-03, 11:55 PM
me dads was in the garage for a couple of years, took it out one day and the cam belt snapped.

Chris LR
02-02-03, 11:59 PM
Basically anything rubbery, hoses, belts, brake hoses, how are the tyres looking?

seli
06-02-03, 04:34 AM
ok first of all oil and the useual stuff maby pump the remaining petrol out of the tank ... becaus of dirt and rust. new watenr and colant chek brake floit and pipes ... dirt. maby change batery or just re fill. baby and posobly changs som oil sels and defenently cram belt becaus if oil or other stuff coms of it will snap and you can kiss your motor good bye and becaus or ruber and plastik tenst to harden and becom stiff from lack of movment and beeing exposed to air for long time. change petrol rubber hoses and a smart inwestment to put in a fule filter and cleaning or changeing the oldone if u have one. and clean or change sparkplugs . change oil filter and air filtir and wola good as new just be shure that its adjustit corektly and there is no leakeds. and maby chane brake disks and a light brake clean disks tend to rust if nott used much and maby besesery to clean som other stufs like handbrake shitch and adjust handbrake . good luck .. it seems like a lot butt youll gett your moneys worth back ower 10 times and more the pleasur :roll:

Ste_Nova
06-02-03, 09:44 AM
i bought a car that had been stood for 2 years.... new battery and it was fine

1.4sr engine that was stood for 2 years.... running fine now with no work