PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.3SR Topic On the Cliosport.net site

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
02-02-03, 07:23 PM
My dad has just seen this on the cliosport web site, so i thought id share it with uz all as normally the only other car they mention is the Saxo vts which we all no isnt as good as a nova :D

I Hope this link works if not just delete plz :wink:

link-: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=26761&PagePosition=2

Chris LR
02-02-03, 07:29 PM
F*ck W*nkers in their French cars.

Ben (lurk75)
02-02-03, 07:33 PM
I thought that was actually a very good view of a Nova on a different chat board they are normally that polite :!:

ZuG
02-02-03, 09:29 PM
I agree, most of the time the mention of a vauxhall nova gets 5 pages of complete flames off snobby bastards driving their low end bmws.Who think their too good to even look at a nova.

Tazzy
02-02-03, 10:09 PM
do any of you's use other enthuesiast forums?

i do, another 3, im as im the only one who is proud and will stand up and say that i love Novas, i get loads of grieve (even from my own brother) but i dont care! im always sticking up for the Nova, its just an easy target, ppl dont like to be beat by them, and when they do, they get all edgey about it, so they claim to their mates that they beat a Nova, when really, it was the other way round!

LONG LIVE THE NOVA!

MC
03-02-03, 12:53 PM
I haven't read in detail.

The Cliosport site, isn't bad, its very similar to ours in a lot of ways. The 172 owners can be a little elitest, but they do tend to show respect to people with knowledge enthusiasm, and genuinely good cars. I joined when I had my Clio dynamique, and made it clear I was a Nova enthusiast, and was made wellcome. The key thing is that I'm a car enthusiast full stop, so could hold reasonable discussions. I do use a number of different sites, and it helps keep up to date with whats going on out there.

MC

wisewood
03-02-03, 01:10 PM
Well i have to say i think they have been more than reasonable about their responses to be honest.

For a non vauxhall site that is a very good response, you are always gonna have the odd one or two small minded muppets though...

MC
03-02-03, 01:53 PM
Added my 2p's worth.

wisewood
03-02-03, 02:00 PM
Well said mate. :D

I haven't been on for a while, but couldn't leave this one without a reply. I'm glad to see some pretty sensible discussion here in the whole. I've had many cars in my time, and by far my favourite was a 1.4 SR Nova. I tuned it very heavily for very little money, and soon realised that the Nova is ideal for track use in that it is light and can handle very well. I'm not a huge fan of 2.0 16v conversions for the reason mentioned in this topic. The extra power is amazing, but the 50kg extra over the front does destroy handling. It will still be quite acomplished, but will never be as good as standard. My friend and I have tuned a 1400 16v to its limits, and have found no 2.0 whether on TB's, turbo'd or carb'd that can match it on a track.

The big problem with the understeer is the Anti Roll bar design. This combined with hard suspension causes the front to drift badly, but either adjusting the front/rear stiffness, or removing the ARB can solve this, and we have managed to get neutral handling.

Nova's can be excellent, but its becoming increasingly difficult to find ones that haven't rotted through. This will be the downfall of the Nova, and unfortuanately there isn't much to take over because of limitations with emissions, weight, etc. I've just started work on a new Nova shell, biggest part is getting rid of the rust!

I personally wouldn't own one now for a day to day car, only as a track toy. I liked my Clio dynamique, handling and braking was good, I would own another, but I now drive a V6 4-motion, and that give a little of everything to keep me happy, speed handling (ish), comfort and style. I'm getting old!

Cheers,

MC

Tazzy
03-02-03, 02:25 PM
spoken by a true gent...

Anton
03-02-03, 02:27 PM
here here

Ben (lurk75)
04-02-03, 03:03 PM
I now drive a V6 4-motion,

I though they were V5's :?:

wisewood
04-02-03, 03:07 PM
I was parked behind one in traffic last night and only paid any attention to it coz i remembered it mentioned on here yesterday - it said V6 on the back.

NuTtY nOvA fLaIr
04-02-03, 06:21 PM
The Golf 4Motion is a V6 but you can get a golf V5 and a passat V5 not sure if there is any more

MC
05-02-03, 09:22 AM
The V5 is 2300cc 170bhp FWD, the V6 is 2800cc 24V 204bhp and 4WD.

Unfortuanately is also weighs about 1560kg. Very heavy, but can hit 60 in around 7secs and go on to 149mph. (all at 7mpg with a heavy foot!) :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
05-02-03, 02:44 PM
the V6 is 2800cc 24V 204bhp and 4WD.
(all at 7mpg with a heavy foot!) :lol:

LMAO i thought the reason you broke and sold your nova was to save money :!: