PDA

View Full Version : vinyl stuff

Anonymous
04-12-00, 10:52 PM
sorry i know this has probably been asked loads of times before but do any of you know where i maybe able to get some of that dark grey vinyl which goes on the bottom of the doors on Sr's

Anonymous
04-12-00, 11:32 PM
yeah, i once had a 1.2 merit and changed it to an SR lookalike. I got the vinyl stuff from a sign maker's shop. He uses it to cut out the letters from , just ask him for a complete roll. Its a bastard putting it on though. Make sure you clean the area with methylated spirits and not WHITE SPIRIT! as it wont stick after as i found out!!!! luckily i managed to clean it again with meths. It's tricky though, put the car up on its side so its easier to see if the vinyl's straight or not!! be careful, its hard to unstick :-)

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:16 AM
Go to Vauxhall and get genuine stuff. It will cost you more but it will look the best. To put it on clean the door well, spray both the sticky side of the vinyl and the door with a little bit of soapy water. Put the vinyl on the door and the water behind it will let you slide it into possition. Then push the water out by working downwards with a soft cloth. There will be some bubbles in the vinyl at this stage but leave them as they will work their own way out when the water evaporates for behind it. That will take about 2-3 weeks though.

I have just done this to the door on my sr and it looks as good as new. If you need a part number then drop me an e-mail and i'll sort it out for you. Hope this helps you.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 01:53 PM
Don't add it, turn ya mota into a gsi lookalike. I spent ages taking my vinyl off I wouldn't dream off adding it, but its up to you .

Anonymous
05-12-00, 09:35 PM
your mad!! i want to take mine of my fucking mota! i got the sr!

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:05 PM
i only bought the car 4 ?300 and it has a bit of rust on the the doors so i want to get rid of the rust but don't want to respay the car as the top half isn't too bad. the car is only a stepping stone while i look 4 a mint sri