PDA

View Full Version : engine management light flash codes

nacho mcnova
26-05-09, 09:47 AM
monge blanc troops, i have recently changed the engine in my gsi and i am currently running it in, it has done 503 miles so far. i was driving home last night and the engine management light came on for approx 15 seconds then went out, i came to a stop and found no difference in performance or idle speed and since then it has came on once more 30 seconds after cold start.

could anyone tell me how to find the flash codes, help would be much apprecated and some +rep. cheers guys and gals

ST-eater
26-05-09, 10:05 AM
not sure on your flash codes, but have you checked all the sensors to make sure they are bolted up tightly, as after me swapping my engine (with all bolts solid) and doing around the similar amount of miles, a few things began to loosen themselves, mainly my crank sensor bolt.. Might just be my car as its 2.0 with solid mounts... but still worth you checking as a loose sensor might bring a fault up for you.

AlexW
26-05-09, 10:17 AM
Presuming its a standard GSI, its all on here:

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/

Just go to info, then down to Engine fault codes.

nacho mcnova
26-05-09, 10:37 AM
Presuming its a standard GSI, its all on here:

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/

Just go to info, then down to Engine fault codes.

mines it the E16SE, i can only see the C16SE matey.

AlexW
26-05-09, 10:41 AM
Do you know if yours is GM-Multec or Bosch Motronic?

Go flash the codes and post up what they are if any come up.

dougie_boi
26-05-09, 04:36 PM
done a flash code and it comes up with code 47 but couldnt find the chart for it does anybody know what the code is? its on the e16se engine :)

AlexW
26-05-09, 04:44 PM
Egr

dougie_boi
26-05-09, 04:45 PM
spot on bud must be because his has been done away with lol

AlexW
26-05-09, 04:46 PM
Your need to keep it plugged in and just blanked off.

dougie_boi
26-05-09, 04:48 PM
cool should be able to get the one off his old engine and just plug it in and tie it up out the road. would that be ok to do that mate