PDA

View Full Version : car wont run help!!!!

mark_GSi
02-02-03, 11:05 AM
at a set of light the other day my revs kept jumping from 2000 to 3000 then to 1500 then almost cutting out, managed 2 get her home and now she wont start at all. last time this happened (4 days ago) i changed the ECU and everything was fine, now it has stared again.

when it did this the engine never sounded like it was revving 2 3000RPM
just the rev counter said so, ive got 2 rev counters so i know 1 ant faluty and it has run fine for months (since engine rebuild)

cant see it being d ECU again (not sure it was in d first place)

Please help its doing my head in!!!!!!! :cry:

P.s its a 1.6i GSi (Bosch injection)

snapper
02-02-03, 02:59 PM
distributer? that controls the rev readings doesn't it? that's where i'd look anyway.

mark_GSi
02-02-03, 03:50 PM
it not long had a new 1 with new rotor arm, leads and plugs

ant got a clue wot it is, i took off the EGR valve and it starts now but d revs are still eratic!!!!

thinking might be d throttle valve swtich?????

is there an idle valve thing on a 1.6 cose i cant seem 2 find it

Aragorn
02-02-03, 05:32 PM
if its a bosch GSi check the AFM aint stuck and the throttle valve

im sure it should click when it goes back to the "off" position and when its slightly opened - if it doesnt click its either nackered or badly adjusted

for multec it has an ICV which by the looks of the haynes manual is situated at the back of the inlet at the left hand side and is at a 45degree angle with the inlet

seli
06-02-03, 04:40 AM
if you mean u turn the key and nothing hapens its the starter the same thing has happend 2 me some times it started and some times it dident .
chek the starter and the coneksjon leeds they maybe brike or lose and u myght have to gett a new one ... u dident spesefy what did and dident hapen ..... and it can bee almost everything elss u must spesefy ..... well good luck :roll: