PDA

View Full Version : Hole in my head

Anonymous
04-12-00, 10:31 PM
What is the largest it would be possible to bore out my 1.3 sr head to, without compromising on reliability? Just want to know as I' ve been told that it's DOUBLE on only some types of head. As for the fackin' brakes, they're for sale as I'm sick of the sight of the fackin' things fackin' fackin'!!!ARSE!!!DRINK!!!FECK!!!

Anonymous
04-12-00, 11:33 PM
hole in yer head there mate.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 12:52 AM
Visit www.peter-maiden.co.uk and look at the specs for their conversion from 1.3 to 1.4, et voila.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 08:38 AM
Don't know if you are aware? but if you increase the size of the ports to much you will slow down the speed of the gas in the ports, this has the effect of loosing all the low down torque, this will make it hard to drive on the road, it would be alright on an all out race engine for the track, but not acceptable for the road. You would be better working on the shape (not size or a mirror polish!) to improve the flow but keep the torque. Blending the ports to the seats and the back of the valves to the seat angle. Smothe out any kinks in the ports and match the manifolds to the head. It might be wise to buy a book and read up on it, David Vizards theory and practice of cylinder head modification is good. Sorry if you know all this already.

Anonymous
05-12-00, 11:04 AM
There's only one place for the definitive answer- Bill Blydenstein 01763 272866 - in tests he's been the best. You'd be better getting him to do it for you - not cheap but will give best results

Anonymous
05-12-00, 10:25 PM
does it hurt?