PDA

View Full Version : help overfueling.....

Corsabboy
25-05-09, 06:31 PM
recently i had to change the headgasket because i had oil and water mix...

Basically i have all the elements to start the car up.. like Fuel, Spark and compression...

The firing order is correct
The CTS sensor is fine (i think)
The CSS is fine if it wasnt there wouldnt be no spark

erm i cant think of anything else right now (not slept in 3 days)
but yh this is the early c20xe Dizzy pack(1993) not the coil pack, this is in a Corsa B

Could anyone help me please as this car is really stressing me out :cry::cry::tard::tard:
its been a week while i have been trying to fix the problem

Damo
25-05-09, 10:47 PM
have you tryed the map sensor mate that was the problem on mine when it was overfueling.

Corsabboy
25-05-09, 10:49 PM
have you tryed the map sensor mate that was the problem on mine when it was overfueling.
Where is the map sensor
im still learning new things lke sensors etc

is that the TPS by anychance??

ive got a powerplate / powercap on there instead of the SFi box

Damo
25-05-09, 10:53 PM
It should be attached to the bulkhead with a pipe running from it and a green 3pin plug attached to it bud.

Corsabboy
25-05-09, 11:04 PM
It should be attached to the bulkhead with a pipe running from it and a green 3pin plug attached to it bud.

there is a 5/6 pin plug
ill check tomorow

but what do i do it?? to stop it from over fueling mate?

Damo
25-05-09, 11:17 PM
try a new one bud go get a few from a scrapyard mate an try em.:thumb:

Corsabboy
25-05-09, 11:25 PM
try a new one bud go get a few from a scrapyard mate an try em.:thumb:

k then if not i got this dude helping me from MIG.... hes an electrician.... so ill get him to check it then... like resistance wise and ill keep you updated mate
cheers

novaguy08
26-05-09, 12:21 AM
dude as said on mig, throttle possition sensor, from what you n MSG have said its stuck in the 100% setting!!

Corsabboy
26-05-09, 12:43 AM
dude as said on mig, throttle possition sensor, from what you n MSG have said its stuck in the 100% setting!!

yh i thought let me see if i can get any ideas if it could be anything else...
i have posted on few other sites....

all came back with the similar answer of
CTS
TPS (MAP SENSOR)
CSS
Check Wiring
Maybe some dirt keeping the INJECTORS open

novaguy08
26-05-09, 01:13 AM
dude TPS aint ya map sensor..... TPS is what ya shown on MIG, Map sensor is this:

http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/001/44/3b/463d_1.JPG

AlexW
26-05-09, 01:45 AM
Im going to presume the EML isnt one, even tho you wont know what that is.

novaguy08
26-05-09, 01:59 AM
wont start, thereofre no engine codes are stored due to the fact the engine doesnt know there is something wrong.

Corsabboy
26-05-09, 09:22 AM
EML has been on since i changed the Oil Pressure Switch,
we tried to flash the codes but nothing came up

AlexW
26-05-09, 10:19 AM
wont start, thereofre no engine codes are stored due to the fact the engine doesnt know there is something wrong.

lol good point, didnt fully read the thread.

And the EML will come on with ign anyways.

novaguy08
26-05-09, 11:29 AM
yeah but it doesnt log a code, its on as part of the self check. c'mon AW you know that!

AlexW
26-05-09, 11:35 AM
I know, i was replying to his post without thinking.

novaguy08
26-05-09, 11:37 AM
lol

16v Nova Kev
26-05-09, 04:38 PM
recently i had to change the headgasket because i had oil and water mix...

Basically i have all the elements to start the car up.. like Fuel, Spark and compression...

The firing order is correct
The CTS sensor is fine (i think)
The CSS is fine if it wasnt there wouldnt be no spark

erm i cant think of anything else right now (not slept in 3 days)
but yh this is the early c20xe Dizzy pack(1993) not the coil pack, this is in a Corsa B

Could anyone help me please as this car is really stressing me out :cry::cry::tard::tard:
its been a week while i have been trying to fix the problem

try this swap leads 1 with 4 and see if it starts:thumb:

Corsabboy
26-05-09, 08:18 PM
oh how do i test a map sensor if it works or not???
i dont just want to replace if just incase mine is working...

but i found out we tried again with MSG today and nothin happended the car tried to tick over and start several times but still is overfueling....??

gmopeldealersport
26-05-09, 09:04 PM
try ect sensor this will cause overfueling .near thermostat housing 2pins blue useally check wiring on this plug prone to fraying.about £7.00 pound from motor factors

16v Nova Kev
26-05-09, 09:26 PM
why go buy things when its not even starting

Corsabboy
26-05-09, 09:29 PM
try ect sensor this will cause overfueling .near thermostat housing 2pins blue useally check wiring on this plug prone to fraying.about £7.00 pound from motor factors
where is the ECT?? the c20xe is in a corsa B ( conversion ) of the early c20xe the dizzy pack one

and how do i test it before i starting buying stuff

gmopeldealersport
29-05-09, 09:43 PM
near the temp gauge wire 1 spade connector .right near thermostat housing 2 pin wire connector .plug it into diagnostic to see how many degrees the sensors reading or check resistance between pins .check wiring into connection block.get resistance values for you tommorow.

Corsabboy
29-05-09, 10:28 PM
near the temp gauge wire 1 spade connector .right near thermostat housing 2 pin wire connector .plug it into diagnostic to see how many degrees the sensors reading or check resistance between pins .check wiring into connection block.get resistance values for you tommorow.

thanks
we have checked the CTS sensor for Resistance and the plug seems to be showing resistance of roughly 280 Ohms