PDA

View Full Version : c20xe braking? What do you guys use?

ST-eater
25-05-09, 04:01 PM
HI all, just a quick question as ive tried search, but not cummin' up with much...

What do you guys use for the rear of your c20xe nova's?

Ive got groved 2ltr front disks on the front of mine, and standard 1.2 drums at the rear....

Is there anything bigger (drum wise) i can go for on the back which is a standard bolt on conversion?

I have a rear disk beam, but its missing a few bits and i really cant be bothered with swapping the beams over between the two cars.

I read something about a corsa rear drum set-up, but i cant seem to find it?

Or are the standard 1.2 shoes fine if kept in tip-top condition... I just dont think their built to be used over 70mph lol... let alone nearly double that!! (private runway in leicestershire that has open days.. cant remember the name but it has ex RAF planes there)

Mike
25-05-09, 04:05 PM
You dont need massive rear braking effeciency at all, if anything it'll just out brake the rear end and send you into a spin (execptional worst case scenario)

Slap some Cav Calibra rear disc's on an stop fannying about.

Adam
25-05-09, 04:09 PM
As above really.
The rears dont really do anything

ST-eater
25-05-09, 04:09 PM
lol but i thought the rear disks were more for looks than braking, unless upgrading everything else like servo etc...

Mike
25-05-09, 04:10 PM
^ answered your own qeustion then.

Biggers servo (altho IMO its a waste of time but meh) an rear discs.

Not that any of the aforementioned is needed if youve got adeqaute front braking.

Adam
25-05-09, 04:14 PM
lol but i thought the rear disks were more for looks than braking, unless upgrading everything else like servo etc...
A bigger servo just makes it easier to operate the brakes.

ST-eater
25-05-09, 10:49 PM
cool il just make sure my rear drums and shoes are upto scratch and replace the brake fluid as it looks a bit worse for wear lol. cheers all