PDA

View Full Version : gutted rant

coombsey
25-05-09, 10:45 AM
im so pi?#ed off i was driving to where i work yesterday and my cav felt sluggish looked at temp gauge was three quarters so put heater on full to cool it down was blowing out cold pulled over no water in expansion bottle so i topped ut up 2 ltrs i was about 1 minute from where i work tired to start it no compression i had cooked it had to wait for a lift home thats the my mk3 cavalier 1.7td wrecked fitted a new clutch friday aswel, so i came home picked my rover coupe up parked out side my friends house was only there a few mins the alarm starts going off i send my brother out to turn it off shut the glass top and half hour later i go out to the shop to find some c"@t had bumped it and drove off pushed rear panel back an inch pushed bumper back 2 inch dented the bumper the lights on the wonk and no car to be seen neighbours said it was a mk5/6 golf so im havin a horrible bank holiday

davidfox280585
25-05-09, 11:08 AM
unlucky dude get the head pressure tested on the cav they do a 5 layer steel gasket for em which is much better
took me an hour to change my gasket but i never had my head checked,
i cheated also my mate found it hilarious as instead of removing the timing belt
i dropped the cam pully off after where i marked the belt and the pully so i know where the belt was on the pully,
changed it and lifted the belt and pully back into place,
checked for tightness
span engine over by hand to make sure ok.........voila
saved a fair bit of time
though my 17td was in a corsa you should be able to climb round your engine in a cav

sparkie1401
25-05-09, 11:18 AM
Unlucky

people who drive into your car and just drive off should be shot or driven into themselves!

coombsey
25-05-09, 11:39 PM
now ive split from the mrs can my week get any worse

wwmnw
25-05-09, 11:48 PM
now ive split from the mrs can my week get any worse

Now you have said that, Sods law will come into play.

Novaboi_1991
25-05-09, 11:49 PM
ah feck m8, ive had a sh*t day too, but urs it takin the digestives

feck everythin else mate make it up to the mrs,

novaguy08
26-05-09, 12:01 AM
dude, that blows!

get down the pub an get a few jars down ya neck

brainsnova
26-05-09, 01:04 AM
just turn :gay:

smcgsi16v
26-05-09, 09:30 AM
They do say things come in 3's.

coombsey
27-05-09, 08:09 PM
any thing worth taking off the cav as im weighing it in soon

Sloth
27-05-09, 08:14 PM
front brakes? gearbox? new clutch?

coombsey
30-05-09, 05:47 PM
cavs gone now 90 quid took the clutch off and the alloys couldnt be bothered with the rest