PDA

View Full Version : Can i Replace my hazard switch with a toggle switch?

cunit
24-05-09, 04:52 PM
I want to replace my MK1 hazard switch with an aircraft style toggle switch. Is this possible and how can I do it? :wtf:

thanks

Graeme
24-05-09, 04:59 PM
Sure can mate, check the articles section or use the search

cunit
25-05-09, 01:21 PM
Ok, looked at the one in the article section, it's not too clear.
Can i just put a toggle switch onto the main power wire that goes into the original unit, leave the button in the on position on the original switch then use the toggle switch when i want to put power to it?? Hope that makes sense lol

Clean 2.0 nova
03-06-09, 08:19 PM
No you can't. The original switch does many things, Ive wired them out before but have used many relays in the process. There is a 'bodge' way of doing it that only requires a double pole toggle switch but this keeps the flasher relay permanently powered.

cunit
09-06-09, 08:39 PM
would that be this way?

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105190

Guderian
10-06-09, 05:49 PM
He admits to destroying 5 switches before achieving success.

This alone would make me want to walk away from this modification.

There are 6 pins on the back of the factory switch so the way i see it is IF you can source a 3pole switch and still maintain a flashing light on the dash, then you have a working system which will also pass MOT. This would also avoid having the old hazard switch floating around 'permanently on' behind the dash.

cunit
10-06-09, 09:53 PM
I think im just going to wire in a switch off 2 of those pins on the back and solder some other pins together. Should be ok LOL