PDA

View Full Version : Corsa XE conversion parts

Mike
24-05-09, 11:21 AM
What do i need then lads?

Corsa S reg, 1.0 12v. What parts are needed?

novaguy08
24-05-09, 11:59 AM
EVERYTHING lol

google chris astley, they will be able to sell you a full kit of which you need.

Mike
24-05-09, 12:02 PM
Chris Astley lol funny guy im not after a conversion thats gonna cost me £1k lol its only for in a work hack mobile!

novaguy08
24-05-09, 12:07 PM
lol ok ok then now this list is off the top of my head and may not be 100% complete.

Modded rear box mount
drive shafts (GSI 22 spline ones iirc) and inner CVs (i forget which ones)
Hubs (modded or bb ones)
XE engine mounts
obviously an XE & g.box with loom & ECU

and thats all i can remeber right now, you might want to stich weld the bay or get the strengthening kit

let_nova
24-05-09, 12:25 PM
radiator and fan from gsi
power cap or ecotec setup
external pump setup or intank pump
cav 1.6 inners
if the shells clean dont worry about the strengthening.

im doing the exact same just now.

davidfox280585
24-05-09, 12:28 PM
lol ok ok then now this list is off the top of my head and may not be 100% complete.

Modded rear box mount
drive shafts (GSI 22 spline ones iirc) and inner CVs (i forget which ones)
Hubs (modded or bb ones)
XE engine mounts
obviously an XE & g.box with loom & ECU

and thats all i can remeber right now, you might want to stich weld the bay or get the strengthening kit
been told by will at cossvaux before corsas dont need any strengthening and they will take a let no problems with just a strut brace needed
just mk1 and 2 astras and novas:thumb: hope this helps
ive never welded any corsas anyway only novas

Mike
24-05-09, 12:33 PM
I aint bothering with strengthening lol funk that its only a hack mobile for Santa Pod burnouts lol lol

djbrowney
24-05-09, 12:37 PM
fook me cossvaux aint hurd that name for a phew years lol

my list when i built mine was as followed

calibra equal lenght shafts or standard cali, cav, astra ones (move the cv 6 mm further up the shaft on the drivers side)

cav, cali, astra hubs machine down to fit in side a corsa wheel bearing (if your tight like me use nova hub carriers because the bearing ar 2 mm smaller an cost half the price lol )

Rear mount modded for 3 bolts set up, although you could just runn the 12mm spacer an still use 2 bolts

drivers side mount, you may need the plate what use a standard nova rubber to the engine mount.

extend the gear linkage by 12 mm also fit a eco tech pipe an adaptor plate :thumb: