PDA

View Full Version : how many lives to be connected up to xe loom

turbo-boy
23-05-09, 09:18 PM
hello there a seem to haV problem i have put a xe in and cant seem to find the the power wires on the xe loom fuel pump isnt working and not getting a spark either.i hav be looking through the search engine but cant find the wire hav beed told its nere the the injectors somewhere but all i can see is 2 black wires witch are earths i think any help welcome

napalm_27
23-05-09, 09:21 PM
the black wire is the ignition live which you need to run back into the footwell and connect up to a ignition live in there.
it should go back to the ecu.
has 2 wires from the bay going into the one going to the ecu make sure you connect the rite one it should have a black plug on it single black wire goin in and out

turbo-boy
23-05-09, 09:37 PM
i think i hav the black wire going to the + of the battery i need to put the wire to the ignition then and hav to find this other wore on i plug after the injectors to the right somewhere??and how think are the wires

napalm_27
23-05-09, 09:41 PM
i think i hav the black wire going to the + of the battery i need to put the wire to the ignition then and hav to find this other wore on i plug after the injectors to the right somewhere??and how think are the wires

on the injector rail bit there are about 5 wires that are black iirc the 2 thinnest ones both run to a single wire and are crimpped to that single wire follow them both to the end of the rail and there should be one either cut or with a black plug on it that is the one you need to run back into the footwell and connect up

The Simps
23-05-09, 09:47 PM
the engine loom you have does it have the 3 coloured plugs in the footwell?

turbo-boy
23-05-09, 09:53 PM
yes but i cut them of a long time ago lol.think im left with 3 wires that are not need.i will look tomorrow aND see if i can find them.there is one plug that was taped the the wiring loom just after the injector loom bit.its taped to the same put of loom where the coil wires are and the wire for the dizzy

napalm_27
23-05-09, 09:54 PM
thats the wire you need if its black

The Simps
23-05-09, 09:56 PM
That sounds like the one.

turbo-boy
23-05-09, 10:07 PM
happy days will get it sorted tomorrow and get back to use.thanks for your help

napalm_27
23-05-09, 10:12 PM
no problem mate
only wired mine up yesterday so its fresh on the brain :thumb:

The Simps
23-05-09, 10:12 PM
tbh it doesn't really matter what black you tap into as long as you tap into it not cut and redirect if that makes sense as they all come to one point iirc. However, best to use the right one! lol

turbo-boy
24-05-09, 03:58 PM
ok i got the wire and connected it up.but i still have no spark and the fuel pump isnt priming.i think it needs a crank sensor or i have the wrong ecu for it.here wat it says on my ecu. o 261 20 487 , gm 90 354 093 and the code is GL

is this the right ecu for this as im starting to think its an 8v one

jimbob-mcgrew
24-05-09, 10:56 PM
7 lives, like a cat

edit : ... crap, thats 9... im not even any good at lieing