PDA

View Full Version : work, is it fair?

kc_08
22-05-09, 09:29 PM
hi i was just wondering what people on here think?
i dont think this is fair i just started working in mcdonalds (lol) and ive now done two shifts (10hours) had "slight" training on nearly all of it, theres three managers, one crew member told me to sweep around the til's so off i go to do it, its done, apparently it is'nt good enough so i thought ok fair enough, then the manager says kc thats not the right broom?? so off i go to get a different one, came back all of a sudden kc wtf are you doing go and serve on your til now! so i said ok, went to my til and started serving, then apparently by the end of the day my til should of been a £100 up but mine was only up by £80 so she went crazy as it worked out it took me 5minutes to serve a customer than 3minutes so its fair enough then she started bringing in her 20years of experiance against my 10hours, shes going off to holiday anyway, but kept saying if you dont keep up im going to let you go! :O she didnt include the 1hour shift cover for cleaning the tables while someone had there break. and another 45minutes to clean/do other stuff. surely in that 1hour 45inutes i could of made £20 if id been on a til, but she didnt remember that work, and they expect me to do 3things at once. but they moan if i make a mistake on the til! surely its acceptable to have mistakes on my second shift? but the way they walk over me and speak to me like **** and call me all sorts it takes the piss =/
what does everyone think?
i know its a long story lol.

Southie
22-05-09, 09:32 PM
Leave! Spit in the burgers and Go work at Tescos or a local supermarket near you ;)

mowgli
22-05-09, 09:35 PM
be more assertive, or learn a foreign language & get a job in burger king

Novaboi_1991
22-05-09, 09:35 PM
^^ What She Said ^^

not worth the hassle IMO,

not being funny tho mate, we all pay our taxes, yet the people recieving the money spend 90% of their time on drugs...

do the same! lol, jus not the drugs eh lol

kc_08
22-05-09, 09:37 PM
haha fair enough. it's unreal how un organised they really are one minute im making hapy meal box's and in the same time i have to cook hash browns chips and serve customers, oh and clean while im doing it :) im only sticking at it as i was going to walk out but i didnt as i thought this money im earning now is going to be put on the nova so just put up with the ****.. un sure if there just testing to see how i cope with all the pressure or just gernerally walking over me as im new! shes gone away though got 4 days next week so it shouldnt be as bad so when she gets back il be alot better.

Pistol Pete
22-05-09, 09:38 PM
Its a job and it pays. We all have to start somewhere.....

Joe Richardson
22-05-09, 09:41 PM
keep at it mate:thumb:

Just ignore the shower of *****,dont let them win:mad:

kc_08
22-05-09, 09:41 PM
yeah fair enough mate, dw i didnt do bad in school or anything its just part time while im doing a mechanic's course and gets me out the house lol. i really was expecting some abuse here lol but cheers

Joe Richardson
22-05-09, 09:44 PM
yeah fair enough mate, dw i didnt do bad in school or anything its just part time while im doing a mechanic's course and gets me out the house lol. i really was expecting some abuse here lol but cheers

nah mate,no abuse ere like:thumb:

mowgli
22-05-09, 09:47 PM
as you are a McDonalds worker, do they have a suggestion box???

if so, please put in this one..

issue magic markers so staff on the drive thru window can write the reg no. of the car that belongs to the customer on the bags that their food comes in... so the fly tipping filthy littering b4stards can be prosecuted.

kc_08
22-05-09, 09:53 PM
that is a good idea! the mcdonalds i work in is in a high street so no drive thru. but i can ask someone else to do it at the other local store?

J4MES
23-05-09, 02:27 AM
issue magic markers so staff on the drive thru window can write the reg no. of the car that belongs to the customer on the bags that their food comes in... so the fly tipping filthy littering b4stards can be prosecuted.

Good idea...

BUT it means Mcdonalds would actually have to give a sh*t about the environment- and that goes against their whole corporate ethos..

kelbelle
23-05-09, 11:40 AM
I agree with some of the people on here about just putting up with it. Unfortunatly you'll soon get used to it. I deal with work by being really petty lol

Dont spit in the burgers! Its not the customers fault your being shouted at by a manager

mowgli
23-05-09, 05:02 PM
I agree with some of the people on here about just putting up with it. Unfortunatly you'll soon get used to it. I deal with work by being really petty lol

Dont spit in the burgers! Its not the customers fault your being shouted at by a manager

take one for the team.. a quick knee trembler & the manager will stop bitching..

brainsnova
23-05-09, 05:06 PM
20 years at mac donalds your manager needs to get a grip.

BIGS
23-05-09, 05:08 PM
Hmm its a hard one imo, if they said that to me i would of told them where to go and walked out there and then. but then if you walk out you dont get any money for a few weeks for the job center. But you could get your self sacked but that will be on your record which you dont really want to have. The other one is keep at it for the while to kep getting the money in while looking for another job. then if you get one then walk out on them

draper
23-05-09, 05:34 PM
welcome to the world of work, someone higher up with an ego proble and no lie outside work will norally always be on your back - it makes the feel better about there own pathetic lifes

keep showing up and getting paid while hunting or a new job

novaguy08
23-05-09, 07:00 PM
unfortunatly after spending more then 2 years working for BK i found that they expect you to serve customers whilst sweeping the floor & making the burgers after finishing at 2 am (but clocking you off at 12 cos we usually spent 2 hours sitting about whilst the deputy manager sat there and rolled a few joints!) and starting at 6am, and all for £3.20 and hour (which was legal at the time!!) i discovered that work is JUST NO FAIR managers of fast food resteraunts are deluded muppets who believe that there word is more powerfull then god! (sorry is there are any ffr managers on here but the people i worked for have been!)
TBH though as said its a job, its paying so ya going to have to live with it...... just do ya best and if they "let you go" tell them that they are full of sh1t power drunk and you spat in every buger you made!! (even though you may not have!)

K3-VMU
23-05-09, 07:58 PM
i think work is fair- i actually like my work (sad?)

i work offshore as a subsea engineer, currently workin a rotation out of australia, 2 months there, 1month off.

get to have time off and build things/do things

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/K3VMU/1795689851a8947609509l.jpg

kc_08
23-05-09, 08:06 PM
cheers for all the comments, yeah i realised what you mean as there higher up it makes them feel big to push new people around as they cant do it outside work, she is pathetic just excepts praise from me cause shes been working there for 20years, but its just for now until im a qualified mechanic then im out of there, but its a way for the nova to move up in the world :P although my engine mounts on my bike have just ruined my first pay check, so less to go out with on my 18th. working again monday, that mangers now on her holiday that she wouldnt stop talking about, she told every single customer by bringing it up some how! when im told to do somthing by another crew member i wont bother, il just do what ONE manger tells me to do lol. rather than everyone

twistysnovagte
23-05-09, 08:12 PM
ok its not the best job to have working in mac d's but like you say it brings in cash,but id be seriously looking for other jobs such as warehouse work etc,and it probaly pays a better wage shift work etc. thats just my imo

draper
24-05-09, 06:15 AM
i think work is fair- i actually like my work (sad?)

i work offshore as a subsea engineer, currently workin a rotation out of australia, 2 months there, 1month off.

get to have time off and build things/do things

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/K3VMU/1795689851a8947609509l.jpg

alright you flas bastid lol

muzzy
24-05-09, 12:53 PM
A job is a job, fair play for not just sitting around without bothering with a job and going for anything that pays. As for the attitude of the manager, just see how it goes, if she carries on bring it up with her, say your not happy with your treatment, she cannot just sack you after a 10 hour shift because you arent up to the same speed as "experienced" folk.

kc_08
24-05-09, 04:50 PM
ooh great going back to this place tomorrow! hope it goe's better this time. just going to listen to the one manager rather than everybody. just realised its half term so its going to be packed thats why shes put me on 4 days this week and gone on holiday lol nice manager :) try my best to handle it though. thanks for the comments!!

Joe Richardson
24-05-09, 06:26 PM
ooh great going back to this place tomorrow! hope it goe's better this time. just going to listen to the one manager rather than everybody. just realised its half term so its going to be packed thats why shes put me on 4 days this week and gone on holiday lol nice manager :) try my best to handle it though. thanks for the comments!!

Just keep at it mate:thumb: