PDA

View Full Version : Gaskets Or Instant Gasket

ST-eater
22-05-09, 07:04 PM
Hi... ive got an airleak on my inlet side of things, and was wondering if i can but a gasket kit containing all new gaskets... If so where could i get a kit from, and if not would some instant gasket type stuff be upto the job of rebuilding the inlet?

If the instant gasket is good, then could anyone tell me which one i need?

My engine is a 16v 2.0 c20xe

Pistol Pete
22-05-09, 08:46 PM
Just buy a gasket kit from a motor factors/SBD etc.

No offence but you seem to be the most unlucky XE owner ever! Seems to be a thread of your XE woes nearly every day.

craig green
22-05-09, 08:53 PM
I can get the particular gasket I want taken out of kits from my local factor. They just charge the price from the book for the single gasket price.

Hylomar Blue is the stuff to use btw. Just a smear.

ST-eater
22-05-09, 10:44 PM
I have two XE's im having issues with so not just the one car... mine runs fine just has a dodgy idle (which is a leak) and the other is a non runner.. As its a forum i was under the impression i could ask for advice and would have some people offering their great experience and advice, but obviously not. I do however use a motor factors by me and get stuff at trade value as i know the people there pretty well, but they do not stock such kits for all the gaskets, hence me asking on here.

Pistol Pete
23-05-09, 09:39 AM
lol wrong end of stick!!! I was not having a pop, calm down.

Try SBD for the gaskets. Thats where i got mine.