PDA

View Full Version : Welding on drive, legal?

Rich
22-05-09, 06:33 PM
Is there any law to say i can't weld on the drive? I can see our neighbour being a pain about it as my mums just written to the council about an extension hes planning.

Was done facing the house, keeping it as out of sight as possible. Not got much more to do but want to know if anyone has any info before im welding again.

Just need to know whether he can go **** himself:thumb:

Southie
22-05-09, 06:48 PM
Ain't got a clue but I'd be very surprised if there's a law against it. Just don't do it at silly hours and I'd have thought you'd be fine.

Rich
22-05-09, 06:50 PM
Was doing it till about 9pm, only time i had a chance! Was before it stayed light

Mike
22-05-09, 06:50 PM
Ive never had any come backs on doing this.

Iain
22-05-09, 06:53 PM
I remember doing some facing the road and I looked around to see this kid standing and watching lol Can't see it being a problem.

twistysnovagte
22-05-09, 06:57 PM
there should be no isue atall if you have a couple of screens around you while welding.and tell your nay-bore to keep his nose out.

Rich
22-05-09, 06:58 PM
Theres quite a few kids down the road, i wouldnt of done it facing the road anyway. The only person that could off looked directly at it was this neighbour and i was standing in front of the welder sort of to sheild it most of the time.

If he starts next time im welding ill phone the council or police and ask, or hopfully he will call them. Trouble is he is probably stupid enough to look at it lol

rednova
22-05-09, 06:59 PM
you should be fine bud ive done it loads

ST-eater
22-05-09, 07:00 PM
Some councils/housing assosiations can be funny about using driveways for car maintenence... as the way they see it is the driveway is for parking the car, nothing more. If your house is privatly owned then i cant see a problem.

Rich
22-05-09, 07:01 PM
it is privatly owned.

Thanks guys

matthew172
22-05-09, 07:04 PM
just let him look at it, then wake up in the early hrs with his eyes stingin like funk

sillynova
22-05-09, 07:08 PM
You need to have screens up to prevent sparks from hitting anyone and also incase a child or someone with epilepsy Sp Sees the bright light. I once got a massive lecture from the police when a neighbour called them.

Mike
22-05-09, 07:11 PM
You need to have screens up to prevent sparks from hitting anyone and also incase a child or someone with epilepsy Sp Sees the bright light. I once got a massive lecture from the police when a neighbour called them.

Meh, technicality!

brainsnova
22-05-09, 08:37 PM
just say your conducting and experiment.

gaznovalet
22-05-09, 08:43 PM
just weldid my nova downpipes up on my drive for the v6 engine. not sure if ther is a law against it but if using argon gas there is laws regarding these bottles as must be kept within a certain criteria and in a locked cage.

ade
22-05-09, 08:46 PM
its all b0ll0x - private land - just stick a sheet of tarp or similar flammable material between yhour house and his house so no sparkls fly and you'll be fine.

Id prob steer clear of grinding though until after 9am and before 7pm - other than that he can do feck all.

To be really annoying - just go and tell him in advance so he has absolutely no come back because youve forewarned him.

Re the epilipsey - that cant be true surely? What if they were to repeatedly staring at the sun?

ade
22-05-09, 08:46 PM
lol - actually reading that last bit its irrelevant - it needs ti be sunny in the UK for that to be an issue!

lol

Pistol Pete
22-05-09, 09:21 PM
Its your house so do what you like! As said, dont go grinding away in the early/late hours of the day and give them any reason to complain, job done.

Rich
22-05-09, 09:35 PM
I wont be telling him in advance, i dont want to talk to him hes a **** lol. Got a screw loose. My drive can fit 3 cars easily and my nova is in the middle so no sparks will make it that far.

And ade, re-read what you typed about the flammable material lol

Damo
22-05-09, 09:40 PM
carn't see it been a problem rich as several have said its on private land. i'd tell him to naff off anyway i hate misrable gets like that because they got nothing else better to do.:)

skidmarkz
22-05-09, 10:18 PM
the only thing the council can insist on is you sheild your arc from public eyes, the rest they is fooked on :) i just welded my nova on the drive and had complaints hahah, oh yeah i was grinding at 9pm LOL i told them there double glazing was broke :P

anyway i now am not allowed to use a grinder past 7:30pm lolol, which is cool as the misses gets to see me more often :(

Matt Pickering
22-05-09, 11:55 PM
Just screen it off so any passers by can't see the arc!! if your able to see or have constant visibility with the arc you can burn the protective layer of skin on your eye = sore!!

Matt..

ade
23-05-09, 12:01 AM
lol - I know I deliberately said flammable - might make him jump when/if it goes up!

brainsnova
23-05-09, 01:02 AM
weld his letter box shut.

Jeff16v
23-05-09, 07:40 AM
out site welders don't shield up. Can you get all the chavs round for a welding lessonlol

Rich
23-05-09, 01:27 PM
weld his letter box shut.

I was thinking weld all his doors/boot/bonnet shut, some newish merc hes got lol

michael squeak
23-05-09, 06:36 PM
I was thinking weld all his doors/boot/bonnet shut, some newish merc hes got lol

with him in side lmao lol